Mental Health in Tech: Guidelines for Employees
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2018-05-23
About the Book
This document was compiled by Open Sourcing Mental Illness contributors using EEOC guidelines; these contributors are not attorneys and the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials do not constitute legal advice of any type. By using these materials, you agree to accept this disclaimer. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information shared through the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials, however, because information is constantly evolving, Open Sourcing Mental Illness cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, errors or omissions related to the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials. The information provided in the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials are for educational and informational purposes only. You agree to use your own due diligence and judgment before applying any recommendation or advice that you may receive on or through the materials provided by Open Sourcing Mental Illness. Please contact your employment counsel or email@example.com for more information and guidance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Mental Health in Tech: Guidelines for Employees
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Diamond Patron
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Bronze Partner
Americans with Disabilities Act Cheat Sheet
- What Is the ADA?
- Does My Employer Have to Comply With the ADA?
- How Do I Know If I Have Rights Under the ADA?
- What Is a “Mental Impairment”?
- How Do I Know When to Request an Accommodation?
- How Do I Request an Accommodation?
- Do I Have to Tell My Employer That I Have a Disability?
- How Much Medical Information Do I Have to Provide to My Employer?
- What Accommodations Can I Request?
Section I: The ADA - Your Employment Rights as an Individual With a Disability
- Which Employers Are Covered by the ADA?
- Are You Protected by the ADA?
- What is Reasonable Accommodation?
- What Employment Practices Are Covered?
- Can an Employer Require Medical Examinations or Ask Questions About a Disability?
- Do Individuals Who Use Drugs Illegally Have Rights Under the ADA?
- What Do I Do if I Think That I’m Being Discriminated Against?
- Can I Get Additional ADA Information and Assistance?
- More Questions and Answers About the ADA
- Section II: Reasonable Accommodations
Section III: Accommodations for Mental Health Impairments
- What Are Mental Health Impairments?
- Accommodating Employees with Mental Health Impairments
- Section IV: Resources
- Section V: References
- OSMI Contributors
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.