Mastering C++ Network Automation
Mastering C++ Network Automation
Run Automation across Configuration Management, Container Orchestration, Kubernetes, and Cloud Networking
About the Book
This book is an in-depth guide for network administrators, cloud architects, and container and Kubernetes administrators who want to learn how to automate networking tasks in C++. From setting up a network automation environment to automating configuration management and working with containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, the book covers a wide range of topics.
The first section of the book covers the fundamentals of automation scripting and testing. Readers will learn how to create successful automation scripts and test them to ensure they perform properly. The next section describes how to set up a network automation environment. This includes configuring network devices, servers, and other components required for automation. The readers will learn about the various protocols as well as how to use Ansible to automate the configuration management of these devices. It covers containerization and container orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes. Readers will learn how to use tools such as Docker Compose and Kubernetes to automate workload management and deployment.
The final section of the book focuses on cloud networking. The readers will learn how to handle network resources in cloud systems such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure. Readers get to work with tools and services available for cloud networking automation, best practices and how to use them in their regular cloud networking operations.
- Setting up GNS3, Eclipse IDE, cpp-netlib, Boost, OpenSSL, and zlib libraries
- Configure the ports, hosts, and servers using C++ scripting
- Writing, testing, and validating network automation scripts in both, test and production environment
- Building docker images, running containers, and managing container deployments
- Using Ansible for server provisioning, automated system identification and managing auto-updates
- Automating container scheduling, service discovery, and load balancing
- Setting up Kubernetes cluster, Nginx ingress, implementing service mesh, and automating firewall configuration
- Working with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Networking Services for Cloud Automation
Table of Content
- C++ Basics for Networks
- C++ Advanced for Networks
- Preparing Network Automation Setup
- Script, Test, and Validate Network Automation
- Automating Configuration Management
- Working with Docker and Containers
- Container Orchestration and Workload Automation
- Kubernetes Automation
- Administering Google Cloud Networking
- Administering Azure Networking
This is a fantastic desk reference for network administrators, cloud architects, DevOps engineers, and automation engineers wishing to automate networking tasks with C++. It is a must-have book for anyone who wants to keep ahead of the curve in the field of networking automation.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.