Refactoring Tweaks - Workbook
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-09-23
About the Book
You read Refactoring Tweaks. How do you adapt the refactoring tweaks into your WordPress codebase? It starts with practice. First you need to develop the knack for spotting improvement areas. Then you can set out to refactor each one to improve your code. But that takes practice.
The intent of this workbook is to provide you practice code challenges to help you fine-tune your refactoring skills. Each challenge is an actual example from a WordPress plugin, theme, or core. Each one has multiple refactoring opportunities to maximize your time.
How to Do the Exercises
- The first step is to review the code challenge.
- Then mark each one of the potential improvement areas. Refer back to the tweaks in the book if you get stuck.
- Next refactor each of the areas that you identified.
- Compare your code to the solutions.
Each code challenge has a detailed solution, which walks you through step-by-step. The intent is to share the thought process, why, and then the how to for refactoring. I even toss in some master tips and additional information too.
Come on. Let's have some fun. It's time to fine-tune your refactoring chops.
- Foreword by Tom McFarlin
- Who Should Read This Workbook?
- How to Read This Workbook?
- Code Challenge 1
- Code Challenge 2
- Code Challenge 3
- Code Challenge 4
- Code Challenge 5
- Code Challenge 6
- Code Challenge 7
- Code Challenge 1 - Solution
- Code Challenge 2 - Solution
- Code Challenge 3 - Solution
- Code Challenge 4 - Solution
- Code Challenge 5 - Solution
- Code Challenge 6 - Solution
- Code Challenge 7 - Solution
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.