About the Book
The Laravel Companion Second Edition takes you through the helper features, function, classes, utilities and much, much more of the Laravel Framework.
Updated and expanded for Laravel 5.5, you are sure to learn something about the features that are easily overlooked or are easily forgotten. As we progress together through the book, we will export all of the string helper functions, array helpers, Collections, and much, much more through hundreds of practical code examples (including interacting with The Open Movie Database API and gathering weather forecasts).
The content for this book will be adapted for a web format and uploaded for free at https://stillat.com; purchasing this book helps to ensure the continued development of new content; thank you!
About the Author
My name is John, and I have over fifteen years of professional software development. I've worked on a wide range of projects over the years, from simple websites and critical government reporting applications all the way to high-performance telematics solutions.
During my downtime, I enjoy working on open-source projects, writing posts on my blog, and contributing to the Laravel and Statamic ecosystems.
Some of the recent open-source projects I've worked on include:
- blade-parser-typescript - a Laravel Blade parser, formatter, reflection library, and linter, written in TypeScript
- Antlers Toolbox - a Visual Studio Code extension providing syntax highlighting, code auto-complete, intelligent refactoring, and project-aware assistance for Statamic developers
- Antlers Runtime - an advanced PHP templating engine for the Statamic CMS platform
- Proteus - a Laravel package that makes it simple to read, write, and modify Laravel configuration files from your application code
- Primitives - a PHP library that safely parses input strings into native PHP types (string, bool, arrays, etc.) and can optionally be configured with a sandbox for method evaluation