Laravel and AngularJS
Laravel and AngularJS
Learn how to build apps with AngularJS in the client and Laravel on server
About the Book
- Laravel 5.1
- AngularJS: 1.4.4
- Bootstrap: 3.3 (4 soon)
- jQuery: 2.1.4
The main objective of this book is to address the best web development technologies on the market today. On the web, we are always splitting the systems development into two parts: server and client.
On the server, we will cover the programming language PHP 5.4, and the framework Laravel, in addition to the MySql database. We chose Laravel because it is a simple and powerful framework, with a growing acceptance in the market.
Even with two different technologies, their integration is entirely possible and this will be the main theme discussed throughout the chapters. Note that we will not introduce the two technologies in a separate way, but always addressing how the technologies interact. The communication between them is RESTful, and we will be using it extensively for the development of our final application.
After addressing the main concepts of both technologies, we will create a small blog that will illustrate everything we learned.
Part 1- Introduction and installation
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Windows, Mac or Linux?
- Source Code
Chapter 2 - Preparing the environment in Windows
- Creating the virtual domain (virtual host)
- Testing the Composer
Chapter 3 - Preparing the environment in Linux
- Creating the virtual domain (virtual host)
- MySql Server
- AngularJS + Bootstrap
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Laravel
Chapter 4- Getting to know the Laravel
- Configuring the virtual host
- Directory permission
- Generating an encryption key
- Routing types (verbs)
- Passing parameters in routing
- Using regular expressions
- Naming routings
- Grouping routes
- Implicit Controllers (automatic)
- Controllers and Resource
- Explicit controllers (manual)
- Implicit or explicit routing?
- JSON Response
- Exceptions in JSON format
Chapter 5 - Database and persistence
- Using Laravel to create the tables (Migration)
- Migration fields creation types
- Running the migration
- Create a new record in the table
- Rollback a migration
- Additional migration operations
- Referencing columns from other tables
- Adding data
Tables and additional data
- Creating the comments table
- Creating the table tags
- Creating the post_tag
- Creating the
- Recreating the full database structure
- Consulting the SQL generated by the Query Builder
- Returning all records in the table
- Stepping through the records after the query
- Returning the first row of a table
- Returning a list of values from a table
- Aggregating values
- Selecting fields
- Grouping Wheres
- GroupBy e Having
- Logging Eloquent’s SQLs
- Eloquent ORM
- Creating the model
- Agreements between tables and model
- Use of the Timestamp
Testing the User model
- Create the method on the controller
- Understanding the UserController
Relationships in Eloquent
- Relationships between users and posts
- Relationship between Posts and Comments
- Relationship between Posts and Tags
- One-to-one relationship
- One-to-many relationship through (Has Many Through)
- Analyzing the existence of records in a relationship
- Eager Loading vs Lazy Loading and the N+1 problem
- Eager Loading and more advanced queries
- Inserting and updating records
- Removing records
- Using scopes
- Accessors & Mutators
- Serializing data in JSON
- Removing fields from JSON serialization
- Adding Accessor serialization
- Adding relationships in Serialization
- Chapter 4- Getting to know the Laravel
Part 3 - AngularJS and Bootstrap
Chapter 6 - Introduction to AngularJS
- Methods in the controller
- Routes and Deep linking
Chapter 7 - Bootstrap
- Installing the Bootstrap
- Grid System
- Working with offsets
- Creating emphasis to text with colors
- Side by side (inline)
- Lists with horizontal description
- Simple table
- Striped rows
- Highlighting rows
- Smaller tables (condensed)
- Contextual lines
- Merging classes
- Understand the form-group
- Inline form
- Horizontal forms
- Supported components
- Checkbox and radio
- Static controls
- Disabled fields
- Field Size
- Hint text
- Size of the buttons
- Group buttons
- Dropdown buttons (menu)
- Differentiated inputs with group
- AngularJS, Bootstrap and validations
- Displaying custom error messages
- Synchronizing errors and submit buttons
- Extra themes
Chapter 8 - AngularJS and Ajax
- $http usage
- Handling ajax errors
- Creating a global loading
- Disabling the button while sending data
- $resource usage
- Chapter 6 - Introduction to AngularJS
Part 4 - Laravel and AngularJS
Chapter 9 - Connecting Laravel and AngularJS
- Installing AngularJS on Laravel
- Reconfiguring the routes.php
- Site header
- Using DeepLink on the blog
- Getting posts
- Inserting the amount of comments
- Insert the Post author
- Reviewing the Query Builder
- Filling the side menu
- Handle errors
- Creating a loading global
- User page
- Comment screen
- Tag screen
Chapter 10 - Authentication
- Creating the login form
- Performing the login
- Adding features to the site with the user properly logged in
- Logout of the application
- Login and logout on Laravel
- Creating a user from login
Chapter 11 - Blog administration screen
- Creating the admin.html file
- Configuring admin routing
- Getting the user login again
- Protecting the other pages against improper access
- Creating the CRUD of Tags
- Implementing the crud via $resource
- Formatting the date on the table
- Setting up Laravel
- Securing access to the server
- The CRUD comments
- CRUD for Posts
- CRUD for users
- The user profile view
- Chapter 9 - Connecting Laravel and AngularJS
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Introductory Statistics with Randomization and SimulationMine Cetinkaya-Rundel, Christopher Barr, OpenIntro, and David Diez
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science, that introduces inference using randomization and simulation while covering traditional methods.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro, so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using our books in the classroom.
More resources: openintro.org.
Java OOP Done RightAlan Mellor
Object Oriented Programming is still a great way to create clean, maintainable code. But only if you use it right.
This book gives you 25 years of OO best practice, ready to use.
You'll learn to design objects behaviour-first, use TDD to help, then confidently apply Design Patterns, SOLID principles and Refactoring to make clean, crafted code.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud shouldn’t be driven by wishes, but guided by a sound strategy, frameworks, and decision models. This book tells you how—without becoming superficial nor getting lost in technology and product details.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
The Future of Digital Health
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy and how technology giants such as Amazon or Google want to conquer...
Modern C++ by Nicolai Josuttis
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
"The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++"
2 BooksGet my books "The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++" in a bundle. The first book gives you the details you should know about the C++ standard library; the second one dives deeper into concurrency with modern C++. In sum, you get more than 600 pages full of modern C++ and about 250 source files presenting the standard library...
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...