Kubernetes for DevOps
This book is 90% complete
Last updated on 2019-05-07
About the Book
Kubernetes for DevOps is designed and written for DevOps and kubernetes professionals by covering real world examples and concept.
This book is divided in three section. In the first section we will cover advanced concept for the devops purpose in the second section provides a walkthrough of the Kubernetes cluster orchestration system. Each module contains some background information on major Kubernetes features and concepts.In the last section, we will learn how to install various packages using kubernetes helm
- Helm Installation
- Setup nginx-ingress and Route application
- Setup Traefik and Route application
- Letsencrypt using cert-manager
- Service Mesh With Istio
- CI/CD workloads
- Continuous Delivery Pipeline (canary) with Jenkins
- Monitoring With Prometheus and Grafana
- Controlling traffic with network policies
- Policy-based Image Validation with Anchore Engine
- Create a Single Kubernetes cluster
- Deploy a Production Ready Kubernetes Cluster
- The KUBECONFIG file
- Taint & Untaint Nodes
- kubernetes Dashboard Setup
- Adding new Node to Cluster
- Pods (kind: Pod)
- Pods Health Checks
- Horizontal Pod Autoscaler
- Dynamic provisioning of PersistentVolumes (kind: StorageClass)
- Namespace (kind: Namespace)
- Authentication, Authorization & Admission Control
- Setting Up Role-Based Access Control
- Deployment (kind: Deployment)
- StatefulSet (Kind:StatefulSet)
- Job (Kind: Job)
- CronJob (Kind: CronJob)
- Discovery and Load Balancers
- Service (Kind: Service)
- Config Map (kind: ConfigMap)
- Secrets (Kind:Secret)
- Port Forwarding
- Build go application deploy using helm charts
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.