A Practical Guide to using Kanban
About the Book
This is a book for those who learn best by doing, prefer pictures to words, and stories to theory. Although the book does include words and theory, we've tried to keep it simple.
Join us as we follow the journey of a company called Growing Gardens, as they embark on a project to write a gardening book using Kanban. We will see how their board evolves as they embrace the principles of Kanban, and encounter problems along the way.
We'll give you just enough theory to understand how and why the principles work, and then a checklist to help you start your own board.
This works for any industry and team. After all we used Kanban to write this book!
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Melissa Perri
- About the Authors
I Visualise Your Work
- 1. Growing Gardens: Visualise the Work
- 2. Visualisation Tips
- 3. Growing Gardens: Using the Board
- 4. Apply: Visualise your Work
II Limiting WIP and Pull
- 5. Growing Gardens: Limiting Work and Pulling Work
- 6. Tips for Limiting WIP and Enabling Pull
- 7. Growing Gardens: Applying WIP Limits and Pull
- 8. Apply: WIP limits and Pull
III Manage Flow
- 9. Growing Gardens: Dealing with Blockages
- 10. Tips for Managing Flow
- 11. Growing Gardens: Buffers and Standups
- 12. Apply: Manage Flow
IV Make Policies Explicit
- 13. Growing Gardens: Dealing with Other Work
- 14. Tips for Making Policies Explicit
- 15. Growing Gardens: Adding Swimlanes
- 16. Apply: Make Policies Explicit
V Improve Collaboratively
- 17. Growing Gardens: Improving
- 18. Tips for Improving Collaboratively
- 19. Growing Gardens: Using the Board
- 20. Apply: Improve Collaboratively
- Personal Kanban
- Aeroplane Game
- Growing Agile Online Courses
- Growing Agile Books
- About Growing Agile
About the Publisher
This book is published on Leanpub by Growing Agile
Growing Agile is a partnership between Karen and Sam focused on helping companies and individuals be agile. We provide coaching, support and training to help you find the right path for your organization. Our goal as a company is as simple as our name – to keep growing agile.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them