This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-11-29
About the Book
This is a book for those who learn best by doing, prefer pictures to words, and stories to theory. Although the book does include words and theory, we've tried to keep it simple.
Join us as we follow the journey of a company called Growing Gardens, as they embark on a project to write a gardening book using Kanban. We will see how their board evolves as they embrace the principles of Kanban, and encounter problems along the way.
We'll give you just enough theory to understand how and why the principles work, and then a checklist to help you start your own board.
This works for any industry and team. After all we used Kanban to write this book!
- Foreword by Melissa Perri
- About the Authors
I Visualise Your Work
- 1. Growing Gardens: Visualise the Work
- 2. Visualisation Tips
- 3. Growing Gardens: Using the Board
- 4. Apply: Visualise your Work
II Limiting WIP and Pull
- 5. Growing Gardens: Limiting Work and Pulling Work
- 6. Tips for Limiting WIP and Enabling Pull
- 7. Growing Gardens: Applying WIP Limits and Pull
- 8. Apply: WIP limits and Pull
III Manage Flow
- 9. Growing Gardens: Dealing with Blockages
- 10. Tips for Managing Flow
- 11. Growing Gardens: Buffers and Standups
- 12. Apply: Manage Flow
IV Make Policies Explicit
- 13. Growing Gardens: Dealing with Other Work
- 14. Tips for Making Policies Explicit
- 15. Growing Gardens: Adding Swimlanes
- 16. Apply: Make Policies Explicit
V Improve Collaboratively
- 17. Growing Gardens: Improving
- 18. Tips for Improving Collaboratively
- 19. Growing Gardens: Using the Board
- 20. Apply: Improve Collaboratively
- Personal Kanban
- Aeroplane Game
- Growing Agile Online Courses
- Growing Agile Books
- About Growing Agile
This book is published on Leanpub by Growing Agile
Growing Agile is a partnership between Karen and Sam focused on helping companies and individuals be agile. We provide coaching, support and training to help you find the right path for your organization. Our goal as a company is as simple as our name – to keep growing agile.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...