JES! Towards a joint effort society
JES! Towards a joint effort society
About the Book
This book shows how decisionmaking, behaviour and institutionalization / technology can contribute to a rising level of wellbeing for all people.
It also describes how to create a new political engagement model, the joint effort society.
The approach that leads towards a joint effort society is called ecolution. It involves a transition towards a higher ecological, economic, social and psychological level that takes the wellbeing of 7 billion people into account each time we act.
The theory of ecolution offers a new conceptual framework, toolbox and method in the form of a dynamic matrix. It supports growing awareness and inspires to different thinking and acting.
About the Contributors
Prof. mag. arch. ing. dr.h.c.
Table of Contents
- 1 Preface
- 2 Reader’s guide
- 3 Featuring JES!
- 4.1 The Run-up
- 4.2 A cooperative versus a competitive process
- 4.3 The assumptions of the theory of ecolution
- 4.4 The Force of the matrix
- 4.5 Conceptualize
- 4.6 Why ecolution?
- 4.7 A polycentric world
- 4.8 The power of one
- 4.9 Looking for patterns
- 4.10 Thinking different
- 4.11 The reciprocity of things
- 4.12 An unimaginable variety of options
5 The Theory of Ecolution
- 5.1 Rising to higher potentialities
- 5.2 Adding concepts to the context
- 5.3 Deconstruction
- 5.4 Filling the matrix with concept triads
- 5.5 Mental framework
- 5.6 Ecolution Thinking Model
- 5.7 We are the Enemy
- 5.8 Selecting concepts
- 5.9 Stories we can tell
- 5.10 Exploring coffee machine issues
- 5.11 Measuring quality
- 5.12 Fresh school agreement
- 5.13 Measuring the matrix
- 5.14 Likert scale
6 Plans for action
- 6.1 Three wheels to turn
- 6.2 Who should decide?
- 6.3 Power of the state versus the freedom of the individual
- 6.4 Discursive politics
- 6.5 The multiple lives of democracy
- 6.6 Dictatorship in utero
- 6.7 Criminalize the migrant
- 6.8 In the name of security
- 6.9 Difference of opinion
- 6.10 Female vocation
- 6.11 White man’s primacy
- 6.12 The dark side of aid
- 6.13 Return to sender
- 6.14 Solidarity development
- 7.1 I came to be free
- 7.2 The will to succeed
- 7.3 Timing revolution
- 7.4 A society’s prejudices
- 7.5 The civil power
- 7.6 The rise of the programmed citizen
- 7.7 The unlimited individual
- 7.8 Motivation loops
- 7.9 Triple loop learning
- 7.10 Whistle blowers and change makers
8 Technology and Institutionalization
- 8.1 When the rules take over
- 8.2 Model Holland: institutionalized talks
- 8.3 Walking at the Supply Side
- 8.4 The numbers don’t match
- 8.5 Child for sale
- 8.6 Technology changes behaviour
- 8.7 Resisting change in the company
- 8.8 Energize the world
9 Content: a Joint Effort Society
- 9.1 No equilibrium
- 9.2 Reality follows the clues of nature
- 9.3 The concept of brotherhood
- 9.4 Economics how it should be
- 9.5 The joint effort society: a model for peace and progress
- 9.6 The self-producing individual
- 9.7 Sustainable environment and peace
- 9.8 Permissive consent: the general direction is clear
- 9.9 The art of consultation
- 9.10 The Mutual Gains Approach
- 9.11 Method Holistic Participation
- 9.12 Direct democracy
- 9.13 May the best one liner win
- 9.14 A city gets wise
- 9.15 Eco principles
- 9.16 The shared space concept
- 9.17 Selforganization in control circuits
- 9.18 Unity makes Strength
- 9.19 Institutionalization of Human Rights
- 9.20 Limited power and legitimate claims
- 9.21 Cultural paradigms
- 9.22 Pakistan’s Black Law
- 9.23 Dimensions of power
- 9.24 The Right to Development
- 9.25 Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- 9.26 Conscious Capitalism
- 9.27 The ethics of business
- 9.28 Creating shared value
- 9.29 Organizational Capacity
- 9.30 Socializing Business
- 9.31 Exchange pleasure for joy
- 9.32 Reason to value
- 9.33 Touching the essence of life
- 9.34 The right button
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 Summary
- 12 Acknowledgments
- 13 Bibliography
- 14 Footnotes
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them