Analyse, transform and generate your Java code base
About the Book
This book will introduce readers to the core library from JavaParser.org. The JavaParser project aims to provide a collection of simple lightweight tools to process Java source code programatically.
The first part of this book takes a look at the principal features of the library. Here users will work through step by step examples that demonstrate how to get started with analysing and transforming code.
For the second part, the team behind the ongoing support of the library will take you through some of their favourite use cases for the library.
Please be aware that this book is being released incrementally, when a new version is published you will get a notification via email to download the latest version.
- What is JavaParser?
- JavaParser is not
- Who is this book for?
- This book is not for
- How to use this book?
- Conventions used in this book
- Code Samples
- How to Contact Us
- The Authors
A Brief Introduction to Abstract Syntax Trees
- Everything is a node
- When is a node, not a node?
- Growing our first tree
- Beyond Abstract
A Flying Visit
- Travelling Companions
- A Simple Visitor
- A Simple Visitor With State
- A Simple Modifying Visitor
- A Simple Comment Reporter
Comments - Here Be Dragons
- Comment Attribution
- Comments In Practice
Pretty Printing and Lexical Preservation
- What is Pretty-Printing?
- What is Lexical-Preserving Printing?
- Choosing between Pretty Printing and Lexical-Preserving Printing
- Using Pretty Printing
- Using Lexical-Preserving Printing
- How it works: the NodeText and the Concrete Syntax Model
Solving Symbols and References
- How to setup the JavaParser Symbol Solver?
- How to get the type of references: a first example
- Specifying where to look for types
- Resolving a type using an absolute name
- Resolving a Type in a context
- Resolving method calls
- Using the CombinedTypeSolver
- Using the MemoryTypeSolver
- Appendix A - ReversePolishNotation.java
- Appendix B - Visitable Nodes
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.