From Heaven to Hell
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-10-17
About the Book
A Definitive Guide to the Galgo Espanol
Including history of the breed, diseases, Spanish and European animal protection laws, Spanish and International rescue associations.
Follow the story of a rescued galga and her puppies, what happens to her, where do her puppies go, what else happens at the shleter, what happens to other galgos?
A must read for everyone wanting to know about this breed.
Founder Greyhounds In Need
- What they say about the bookâ€¦..
- Extract From A Song
- THE GALGO By Judy Zatonski
Chapter 1 - History of the Galgo
- Earliest indications of the existence of the Galgo Espanol
- Life Changes in Spain
Chapter 2 - Development of the rural hunting galgo
- La Real Sociedad Canina de Espana
- Galgo Racing
- Indiscriminate Breeding
Chapter 3 - The Present-Day Situation for Galgos in Spain
Chapter 4 - Methods of Disposal
- Extract of a report on the website of ‘SOS Galgos’:
- Other methods
- Burned Alive
- Perreras – also known as Killing Stations
- ‘A good day for killing…’
- Galgos dumped at shelters
- Sticks in mouths
- Dumped in rubbish skips
- Olivenza Perrera (Dog Pound), Badajoz, Extremadura
- Who Is Rosa?
- What is the Situation in Badajoz?
- Update March 2010
Chapter 5 - Theft of Galgos
- Gitanos (Spanish gypsies)
- Ojeadores (dog thieves)
- Operations Harry y Clavijo
Chapter 6 - Anatomy and Characteristics of a Galgo
- Conformation of a galgo
- Good family pets
- Exercise and wardrobe
- Thieving galgos!
Chapter 7 - Health Care and Diseases affecting Galgos
- Filariosis (or Heartworm)
- Case History - Leptospirosis in Dogs - A report by Chris Mosey
- Canine Babesiosis
- Processionary Caterpillars
- Canine giardiasis
Chapter 8 - Inherent Health Problems
- Demodectic Mange
- Pemphigus foliaceous
- Boosting and encouraging good health
Chapter 9 - EU Law
- European Convention for the Protection of Pet Animals
- Eurogroup for Animals
- Extract from a report prepared by Beatrice Monnet, President of L’Europe des Levriers, and submitted to the European Commission in February 2008.
Chapter 10 - Spanish Animal Welfare Act
- Regional Law
- Local Government
- Provincial Government
Chapter 11 - The Spanish Galgo Racing and Hunting Associations
- Hunting with Galgos
Chapter 12 - Shelters, Refuges and Perreras
- Perreras - municipal dog pounds.
- Victims of a Denuncia
- Inspecting the Shelters
Chapter 13 - Animal Associations in Spain
- How Do They Survive?
Chapter 14 - Spanish and International Organisations
- Plataforma del Defensa del Galgo en Espana & Greyhounds in Need
- Petition presented to the President of Castilla-La Mancha
- Uniting the associations for the common cause
- Forming a Federation of French associations
- Chapter 15 - Educating the next generations
Chapter 16 - How to solve the problem?
- Microchipping and registering ownership
- Control of breeding
- Banning hare coursing with galgos
- Press and Publicity
Owning a galgo in Spain
- Señor Galguero!
Adopting a galgo
- Is adoption for you?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.