ES6 in Practice (Book + Video + Source Code: 15 Lectures, 59 Exercises and Solutions + Bonuses + Source Code of the Examples and Exercises)
ES6 in Practice
The Complete Developer's Guide
About the Book
ES6 is Everywhere
Including Job Interviews and Open Source Code
Above all, ES6 is fun. Allow me to show you how easy it is to use ES6. Verify that the lessons stay with you with some fun exercises.
Tell me more about my learning experience
The goal of this course is to strengthen your problem solving skills by using the new features of ES6.
You will work on practical problems, not just dummy examples. Most examples were inspired by web applications I had worked on personally. This means to you that you will see real stories, real objects, and real variable names, not just another meaningless foo variable that most facilitators use when they run out of creativity.
- Focus on UTILITY, not edge cases. What is worse than spending money on a spiced up version of the official documentation? Wasting your time to process it, just to find out that 80% of the content does not apply to you. ES6 in Practice gives you information on getting started with a topic, and you can immediately put it into practice using the Workbook.
What will I learn?
- Write compact code with Arrow Functions, Default Arguments
- Find out why
letis the new
- Demistify Destructuring
- Command arrays and functions with a variable number of arguments with the Spread Operator and Rest Parameters
- Learn useful Object and Function Enhancements in ES6
- Understand what Tail Call Optimization is so that you will be prepared to write efficient code
- Meet the
Symboltype and its use cases
- Write clean loops with
- Create cool templates with Template Literals
- Use 4 byte Unicode characters with the ES6 Extended String Support
- Create Iterators, Iterables and Generators to master lazy evaluation and handle infinite sequences
- Escape the Pyramid of Doom by writing proper ES6 Promises
- Start writing and transpiling ES6 applications with Webpack and Babel
- Master ES6 Proxies and the Reflect API
- 18 Lessons
- 2 Bonus Lessons on ES2016 and ES2017
- A Bonus Lesson on creating your learning plan
- 59 Exercises with Reference Solutions
Is ES6 in Practice good for me?
ES6 in Practice is for you if you are looking for a course that
- helps you get rid of Underscore/Lodash, jQuery
- takes you from knowing ES5 to ES6
Don't worry if you are a beginner. The first quarter of the course will give you some quick wins that you will be able to put into practice, regardless of your experience.
My goal is to make this course as approachable as possible, so if you get stuck, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will update the book regularly based on your feedback. In fact, I encourage you to shape the contents of the book with your feedback.
If you are not sure if this course is for you, I encourage you to try it out, and if you don't like it, ask for a 100% refund.
Book + Video + Source Code: 15 Lectures, 59 Exercises and Solutions + Bonuses + Source Code of the Examples and Exercises
Learn about ES6 features from a practical point of view. Understand these features in depth by solving 59 exercises in the book. Check, and learn from the reference solutions at the end of the book.
Book + Workbook only
The book and the workbook are in the same file. The book also contains some bonuses including tech interview exercises and your professional career plan.
- How to download the videos
- How to read this book
- What’s Coming
- ES6 Cheat Sheet
- 1. Arrow Functions
- 2. Function scope, block scope, constants
- 3. Default Arguments
- 4. Classes
- 5. Destructuring
- 6. Spread Operator and Rest Parameters
- 7. Objects in ES6
- 8. Tail call optimization and other function features in ES6
- 9. Symbols: a new ES6 primitive type and its use cases
- 10. The for-of loop
- 11. Strings and Template Literals
- 12. Sets, Maps, and their weak versions
- 13. Iterators and Generators in Depth
- 14. ES6 Promises - Escape from the Pyramid of Doom
- 15. Configuring ES6 with Webpack
- 16. The Reflect API
- 17. Proxies in Practice
- 18. Math and number extensions
- The exponential operator
- New Object Extensions
- New String Extensions
- Spread and Rest for object properties
- Asynchronous iterators and generators
- Promise finally
- ES2018 Regular expression features
- Template Literal Revision
- String trimming
- Optional catch binding
- JSON superset
23. Workbook - Solutions of the Exercises
- Arrow Functions
- Function scope, block scope, constants
- Default Arguments
- Spread and Rest
- Objects in ES6
- Tail call optimization and other function features in ES6
- The for-of loop
- Strings and Template Literals
- Sets, Maps, and their weak versions
- Iterators and Generators in Depth
- Promises in ES6
- The Reflect API
- Proxies in Practice
24. Your Final Exam: ES6 Job Interview Questions
- Exercise 1 - Writing an Array Extension
- Exercise 2 - Binary Gap Exercise in Codility
- Exercise 5: Connect-4 Solver
- Exercise 7: Painting on an HTML5 Canvas
- Exercise 8: Video Player
- Exercise 9: Event Delegation in a Pomodoro App
- Exercise 10: Pomodoro App Markup and Styling Refactoring
- Exercise 11: Persistence with Local Storage
- Exercise 12: Pomodoro APP to Kanban Board
- Exercise 13: Adding Tasks to Columns
- Exercise 14: Selecting Cards
- Exercise 15: Drag and Dropping Cards
- Exercise 16: Stopwatch
- Exercise 17: Insert the Timer Module in the Pomodoro App
- Exercise 18: Coundown Timer Integration in the Pomodoro App
- Exercise 19: Memoization
- Exercise 20: SQL and Map-Reduce-Filter
- 25. Bonus chapter: Your learning plan
- 26. Summary
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Production HaskellMatt Parsons
Are you excited about Haskell, but don't know where to begin? Are you thrilled by the technical advantages, but worried about the unknown pitfalls? This book has you covered.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
Tame your Work FlowSteve Tendon and Daniel Doiron
Do you need a high performance enterprise governance approach improving management, execution and delivery while dealing with multiple projects/products, events, stakeholders and teams? Giving you better bottom line results, faster time to market, less work, better predictability, happier employees, and delighted clients? Then learn about TameFlow!
Invest In Digital Health - The Medical Futurist's GuideDr. Bertalan Mesko
Artificial Intelligence and Digital Health are booming. In this book, we explain why now it's a good time to invest in Digital Health and give recommendations on where to invest by looking at the top 24 technological trends we find the most promising.
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Windows 10 System Programming, Part 1Pavel Yosifovich
Growing Agile: The Complete Coach's Guide
7 BooksGrowing Agile: Coach's Guide Series This bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity...
The Tester's Library
8 BooksThe Tester's Library consists of eight five-star books that every software tester should read and re-read. As bound books, this collection would cost over $200. Even as e-books, their price would exceed $80, but in this bundle, their cost is only $49.99. Here are the books, and why they should be in your library: Perfect Software and Other...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
General Systems Thinker Bundle
5 BooksThe General Systems Thinker Bundle is just that: a bundle of five books to advance the reader one giant step toward improved thinking, based on General Systems principles. Four of the books are the complete General Systems Series. The fifth is fictional piece which shows some general systems thinkers in action. It's a mystery in which a group of...
Experiential Learning Bundle
4 BooksThis bundle provides all four volumes of the popular Experiential Learning Series at a savings of $20 over the price if purchased separately.
2 BooksAfter getting up and running with Ansible in Jeff Geerling's Ansible for DevOps, strengthen your skills managing tens to thousands of instances and services in Amazon's AWS cloud with Yan Kurniawan's Ansible for AWS.