ES6 in Practice (Book + Video + Source Code: 15 Lectures, 59 Exercises and Solutions + Bonuses + Source Code of the Examples and Exercises)
ES6 in Practice
The Complete Developer's Guide
About the Book
ES6 is Everywhere
Including Job Interviews and Open Source Code
Above all, ES6 is fun. Allow me to show you how easy it is to use ES6. Verify that the lessons stay with you with some fun exercises.
Tell me more about my learning experience
The goal of this course is to strengthen your problem solving skills by using the new features of ES6.
You will work on practical problems, not just dummy examples. Most examples were inspired by web applications I had worked on personally. This means to you that you will see real stories, real objects, and real variable names, not just another meaningless foo variable that most facilitators use when they run out of creativity.
- Focus on UTILITY, not edge cases. What is worse than spending money on a spiced up version of the official documentation? Wasting your time to process it, just to find out that 80% of the content does not apply to you. ES6 in Practice gives you information on getting started with a topic, and you can immediately put it into practice using the Workbook.
What will I learn?
- Write compact code with Arrow Functions, Default Arguments
- Find out why
letis the new
- Demistify Destructuring
- Command arrays and functions with a variable number of arguments with the Spread Operator and Rest Parameters
- Learn useful Object and Function Enhancements in ES6
- Understand what Tail Call Optimization is so that you will be prepared to write efficient code
- Meet the
Symboltype and its use cases
- Write clean loops with
- Create cool templates with Template Literals
- Use 4 byte Unicode characters with the ES6 Extended String Support
- Create Iterators, Iterables and Generators to master lazy evaluation and handle infinite sequences
- Escape the Pyramid of Doom by writing proper ES6 Promises
- Start writing and transpiling ES6 applications with Webpack and Babel
- Master ES6 Proxies and the Reflect API
- 18 Lessons
- 2 Bonus Lessons on ES2016 and ES2017
- A Bonus Lesson on creating your learning plan
- 59 Exercises with Reference Solutions
Is ES6 in Practice good for me?
ES6 in Practice is for you if you are looking for a course that
- helps you get rid of Underscore/Lodash, jQuery
- takes you from knowing ES5 to ES6
Don't worry if you are a beginner. The first quarter of the course will give you some quick wins that you will be able to put into practice, regardless of your experience.
My goal is to make this course as approachable as possible, so if you get stuck, send an email to email@example.com. I will update the book regularly based on your feedback. In fact, I encourage you to shape the contents of the book with your feedback.
If you are not sure if this course is for you, I encourage you to try it out, and if you don't like it, ask for a 100% refund.
Book + Video + Source Code: 15 Lectures, 59 Exercises and Solutions + Bonuses + Source Code of the Examples and Exercises
Learn about ES6 features from a practical point of view. Understand these features in depth by solving 59 exercises in the book. Check, and learn from the reference solutions at the end of the book.
Book + Workbook only
The book and the workbook are in the same file. The book also contains some bonuses including tech interview exercises and your professional career plan.
- How to download the videos
- How to read this book
- What’s Coming
- ES6 Cheat Sheet
- 1. Arrow Functions
- 2. Function scope, block scope, constants
- 3. Default Arguments
- 4. Classes
- 5. Destructuring
- 6. Spread Operator and Rest Parameters
- 7. Objects in ES6
- 8. Tail call optimization and other function features in ES6
- 9. Symbols: a new ES6 primitive type and its use cases
- 10. The for-of loop
- 11. Strings and Template Literals
- 12. Sets, Maps, and their weak versions
- 13. Iterators and Generators in Depth
- 14. ES6 Promises - Escape from the Pyramid of Doom
- 15. Configuring ES6 with Webpack
- 16. The Reflect API
- 17. Proxies in Practice
- 18. Math and number extensions
- The exponential operator
- New Object Extensions
- New String Extensions
- Spread and Rest for object properties
- Asynchronous iterators and generators
- Promise finally
- ES2018 Regular expression features
- Template Literal Revision
- String trimming
- Optional catch binding
- JSON superset
23. Workbook - Solutions of the Exercises
- Arrow Functions
- Function scope, block scope, constants
- Default Arguments
- Spread and Rest
- Objects in ES6
- Tail call optimization and other function features in ES6
- The for-of loop
- Strings and Template Literals
- Sets, Maps, and their weak versions
- Iterators and Generators in Depth
- Promises in ES6
- The Reflect API
- Proxies in Practice
24. Your Final Exam: ES6 Job Interview Questions
- Exercise 1 - Writing an Array Extension
- Exercise 2 - Binary Gap Exercise in Codility
- Exercise 5: Connect-4 Solver
- Exercise 7: Painting on an HTML5 Canvas
- Exercise 8: Video Player
- Exercise 9: Event Delegation in a Pomodoro App
- Exercise 10: Pomodoro App Markup and Styling Refactoring
- Exercise 11: Persistence with Local Storage
- Exercise 12: Pomodoro APP to Kanban Board
- Exercise 13: Adding Tasks to Columns
- Exercise 14: Selecting Cards
- Exercise 15: Drag and Dropping Cards
- Exercise 16: Stopwatch
- Exercise 17: Insert the Timer Module in the Pomodoro App
- Exercise 18: Coundown Timer Integration in the Pomodoro App
- Exercise 19: Memoization
- Exercise 20: SQL and Map-Reduce-Filter
- 25. Bonus chapter: Your learning plan
- 26. Summary
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Continuous Delivery PipelinesDave Farley
This practical handbook provides a step-by-step guide for you to get the best continuous delivery pipeline for your software.
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Introductory Statistics with Randomization and SimulationMine Cetinkaya-Rundel, Christopher Barr, OpenIntro, and David Diez
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science, that introduces inference using randomization and simulation while covering traditional methods.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro, so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using our books in the classroom.
More resources: openintro.org.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Java OOP Done RightAlan Mellor
Object Oriented Programming is still a great way to create clean, maintainable code. But only if you use it right.
This book gives you 25 years of OO best practice, ready to use.
You'll learn to design objects behaviour-first, use TDD to help, then confidently apply Design Patterns, SOLID principles and Refactoring to make clean, crafted code.
Introducing EventStormingAlberto Brandolini
The deepest tutorial and explanation about EventStorming, straight from the inventor.
Discrete Mathematics for Computer ScienceAlexander Shen, Alexander S. Kulikov, Vladimir Podolskii, and Aleksandr Golovnev
This book supplements the DM for CS Specialization at Coursera and contains many interactive puzzles, autograded quizzes, and code snippets. They are intended to help you to discover important ideas in discrete mathematics on your own. By purchasing the book, you will get all updates of the book free of charge when they are released.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
Modern C++ by Nicolai Josuttis
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
"The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++"
2 BooksGet my books "The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++" in a bundle. The first book gives you the details you should know about the C++ standard library; the second one dives deeper into concurrency with modern C++. In sum, you get more than 600 pages full of modern C++ and about 250 source files presenting the standard library...
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
The Future of Digital Health
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy and how technology giants such as Amazon or Google want to conquer...
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals