Docker for PHP Developers (Docker for PHP Developers - Starter Bundle)
Docker for PHP Developers
A guide to using Docker for PHP development
About the Book
Docker for PHP Developers is the guide I wish I had when I started learning Docker. It's everything I've learned and refined using Docker on dozens of projects over the last three years combined into one course.
I've spent over twelve months building this guide, with the goal of presenting the best possible course that focuses on teaching developers how to use Docker.
Instead of piecing everything together yourself, you can start being productive with PHP and Docker in a few days.
- Learn how to manage containers
- Learn how to use Docker Compose
- Use XDebug with Docker
- Use PHP Composer with Docker
- Building PHP containers from scratch
- Installing PHP modules
- Managing module INI files
- Per-environment configuration
- Installing an older version of PHP
- Hands-on example in the book getting a legacy version of a PHP app running
- Security hardening
Build and Deployment
- Automated builds with Docker Cloud
- Private registries
- GitLab Docker Builds
- Application Deployment to Digital Ocean
Docker for PHP Developers - Starter Bundle
Master Docker for PHP Development Includes: - Beautiful custom handcrafted PDF design - A starter Laravel project with Docker - A starter Symfony 4 project with Docker - The 222-page Docker for PHP Developers Book - Basic ePUb and Mobi formats on the go The starter projects are the latest versions of Laravel and Symfony, combined with my Docker setup that I've honed over the last 3+ years of using Docker in production. See how I organize my PHP projects with Docker and use them to craft your own projects.
Docker for PHP Developers - Book Only
Master Docker for PHP Development Includes: - The 222-page Docker for PHP Developers Book - Beautiful custom handcrafted PDF design - Basic ePUb and Mobi formats on the go
Chapter 1: Up and Running
- Installing Docker on OS X
- Installing Docker on Linux
- Installing Docker on Windows
- Running Your First Docker Container
- Ready to Ship
Chapter 2: PHP Container Basics
- Creating a New Project
- Running the PHP Container
- Running Containers with Docker Compose
- Basic PHP INI Changes
- Composed and Ready for Adventure
Chapter 3: LAMP Baby!
- Setting up the LAMP Project
- Installing PHP Modules
- The Database Container
- PHP Module Configuration
- Enabling Apache Modules
- LAMPed Up
Chapter 4: Development Tools
- Environment Configuration
- Xdebug Setup
- Xdebug Profiling
- Making Xdebug Disappear
Chapter 5: Using Composer PHP with Docker
- Project Setup
- Installing Composer in Docker
- Installing Private Composer Packages in Docker
- Caching Composer Dependencies for Faster Builds
- Running Composer Locally
- Composer Gold Edition
Chapter 6: Web Servers and PHP-FPM
- Creating the New Project
- Hello Nginx
- Serving Static Assets
- Caddy Server
- You’ve Been Served
Chapter 7: Legacy PHP Applications
- Setting Up
- The Dockerfile
- Running Apache
- Development Workflow and Commands
- Improving Configuration
- The Born Legacy
Chapter 8: Custom Commands
- Introduction to Confd
- The Custom CMD
- Confd With a Consul Backend
- One of a Kind
Chapter 9: Docker Registry
- Setting Up a Repository and Project
- Pushing the Image to Docker Hub
- Automating the Image Build
- Working with Other Docker Registries
- Extending Your Images
- Registered Docker Image Builder
Chapter 10: Deploying Docker
- Rancher Overview
- Using Rancher Compose
- Rancher UI Tricks
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.