About the Book
Docker for PHP Developers is the guide I wish I had when I started learning Docker. It's everything I've learned and refined using Docker on dozens of projects over the last three years combined into one course.
I've spent over twelve months building this guide, with the goal of presenting the best possible course that focuses on teaching developers how to use Docker.
Instead of piecing everything together yourself, you can start being productive with PHP and Docker in a few days.
- Learn how to manage containers
- Learn how to use Docker Compose
- Use XDebug with Docker
- Use PHP Composer with Docker
- Building PHP containers from scratch
- Installing PHP modules
- Managing module INI files
- Per-environment configuration
- Installing an older version of PHP
- Hands-on example in the book getting a legacy version of a PHP app running
- Security hardening
Build and Deployment
- Automated builds with Docker Cloud
- Private registries
- GitLab Docker Builds
- Application Deployment to Digital Ocean
About the Author
Hello! I'm Paul Redmond. I'm a full stack developer writing stuff with Laravel, Vue.js, and Docker. I am passionate about being productive, writing clean code, and creating simple infrastructure.
I am the author of Writing APIs with Lumen, now published with Apress as Lumen Programming Guide. You can also find out more about my latest course, Docker for PHP Developers at https://bitpress.io/docker-for-php-developers/