Deploy Rails BlueBook 2014 Edition
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-10-11
About the Book
- Have you ever wanted know how to automate your tedious server setup?
- Want to deploy from Github without sharing your password?
- Want to use PostgreSQL, but the instructions make no sense?
Grab this book today and get a fully tested and documented, modern Rails stack in an easy to understand format. Spend less time looking up error messages and more time coding! This book covers Ubuntu 12.04, Ruby 1.9.3, PostgreSQL, Passenger and deploying from Github.
The first part covers manual setup and the second shows how to automate the manual steps with Chef. A few choice features that will save you alot of time and frustration.
- Using Knife solo with Chef to deploy by IP address, without needing a separate Chef server (or Puppetmaster)
- Fetching your Rails app from Github.- Using the figaro gem to keep your passwords and other information outside your git repo.
- Setting up PostgreSQL on a local machine manually and later automating.
- A guide to using Vagrant to setup a local development machine with a few simple commands.- Automating everything with Chef, as it should be!
Who is this book for?This book is for those who have written a Rails app and have never deployed to a public server before. Or perhaps you have deployed and you want to know how to automate it. I cover Rails 3.2 with Ruby 1.9.3, Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, PostgreSQL and Nginx with Passenger. I assume some background with Ubuntu and Rails.
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Defending your civil liberties in a digital world.https://www.eff.org/
Based in San Francisco, EFF is a donor-supported membership organization working to protect fundamental rights regardless of technology.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms