Creative transitions and animations in CSS
Creative transitions and animations in CSS
Your practical guide to creating transitions and animations on HTML elements
About the Book
This guide is intended to carry out experiments or exercises with transitions and animations in CSS, applied to buttons, images, texts and more complete HTML elements; we will see the most basic approach to animations in CSS which would be using transitions, we will see multiple examples and limitations that we have when working with the simplest way to achieve animations in CSS which is the use of transitions. In later chapters we will also work with animations, we will learn about their characteristics, possible configurations, options and modes and with this, we will see a more comprehensive approach to achieving animation in CSS.
In this book, we will see more than 100 complete and functional examples of animating HTML elements, we will start by applying CSS transitions on buttons, texts, among others, to get to the animations in which we will create experiments from scratch, adapt the ones we use with transitions, and we will use the transitions and animations together.
This is a book to experiment with CSS animations, with this we are going to mention the following:
- It is not a book that aims to know 100% CSS animations, if not, in a basic/intermediate way; The objective is to experiment and with this, present different templates that we can use to create all kinds of more complex or simply different animations.
- It is assumed that the reader has at least basic knowledge in the use of CSS.
Compared to other books, the approach is mostly hands-on, presenting over 100 experiments to work through and get inspiration for other types of CSS effects.
To follow this book you need to have a computer running Windows, Linux, or MacOS.
This book has a total of 5 chapters, it is recommended that you read in the order in which they are arranged and as we explain the experiments carried out, go directly to practice, replicate, test and modify the codes that we show in this book.
- Chapter 1: In this chapter we are going to review geometric transformations, translations and animations in CSS.
- Chapter 2: In this chapter, we are going to create many examples of CSS transitions applied to buttons, in these examples we will mainly apply geometric transformations, but we will also work with other CSS properties.
- Chapter 3: In this chapter, we are going to present different examples of CSS effects with the hover event; that is, we will continue using the CSS transitions as we did in the previous chapter; for these examples, we'll use any kind of HTML structure that won't be buttons like in the previous chapter.
- Chapter 4: In this chapter, we will create various effects using transitions, also, we will see their limitations through several examples that we will analyze in the next chapter using animations to achieve more complete animations.
- Chapter 5: In this chapter, we will present the use of animations, based on examples, we will see its possible variants, configurations and examples using animations and transitions alike.
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.