About the Book
This book will teach you how to build a modern blog with
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Docker Composeto do development
- Create blog models to work with Wagtail.
Bootstrapthemes to the blog.
Django shellto debug, test code and check data in terminal.
- Learn to use
Dateto the post url.
Paginationcomponent and correctly handle querystring.
- Make the blog supports wirting in
- Create contact page using Wagtail
- Build menu, meta tags, sitemap, robots.txt for better SEO.
- Build comment system based on
- Understand how to use
Webpackto bundle frontend assets and make it work with Django project.
- Learn SCSS and use it to customize style in quick way.
Emojisupport to the comment form.
Promiseand the benefits.
- Deploy the production app to DigitalOcean
- Django 3.1
- Wagtail 2.11
- Webpack 5
- jQuery 3.5.1
- Bootstrap 4.5
This book includes:
- A PDF ebook which contains about 30 chapters.
- 20+ screenshots and several diagrams, all created by me.
2.0.0 Released 2021-01-09
- Rewrite the book and source code, update the screenshots.
- Add content about docker-compose and docker
- Add content about the django-contrib-comments
- Add content about the Webpack
1.0.0 Released 2017-09-13
About the Author
Michael Yin is a full stack developer from China, and he loves to write high-quality tutorial about programming.
He has published three books on Leanpub.
He is also the founder of a Digital Agency AccordBox and available for remote job.