About the Book
This book will teach you how to build a modern blog with
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Docker Composeto do development
- Create blog models to work with Wagtail.
Bootstrapthemes to the blog.
Django shellto debug, test code and check data in terminal.
- Learn to use
Dateto the post url.
Paginationcomponent and correctly handle querystring.
- Make the blog supports writing in
- Create contact page using Wagtail
- Build menu, meta tags, sitemap, robots.txt for better SEO.
- Build comment system based on
- Create Frontend project from
python-webpack-boilerplateand load compiled CSS and JS in Django template.
- Learn SCSS and use it to customize style in quick way.
Emojisupport to the comment form.
Promiseand the benefits.
- Deploy the production app to DigitalOcean
- Python 3.8
- Django 3.2
- Wagtail 2.14
- Node.js 12
- Webpack 5
- Bootstrap 5.1
This book includes:
- A PDF ebook which contains about 30 chapters.
- 20+ screenshots and several diagrams, all created by me.
3.0.0 Released 2021-08-23
- Upgrade Django, Wagtail, update the screenshots.
python-webpack-boilerplateas frontend solution
2.0.0 Released 2021-01-09
- Rewrite the book and source code, update the screenshots.
- Add content about docker-compose and docker
- Add content about the django-contrib-comments
- Add content about the Webpack
1.0.0 Released 2017-09-13
About the Author
Michael Yin is a full stack developer from China, and he loves to write high-quality tutorial about programming.
He has published four books on Leanpub.
- The Definitive Guide to Next.js and Wagtail
- Build Blog With Wagtail CMS
- Build SPA with React and Wagtail
- Build Blog with React (SSR) and Wagtail
- Ultimate Guide To Scrapy
He also published Celery courses on testdriven.io
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and Flask
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and Django
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and FastAPI
He is also the founder of a Digital Agency AccordBox and available for remote job.