Ethical Hacking and Linux Proficiency
Ethical Hacking and Linux Proficiency
About the Bundle
Mastering Linux and PowerShell for Ethical Hacking
For those interested in becoming system administrators or ethical hackers, the combination of "PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course" and "Linux Essentials for Hackers & Pentesters" provides a thorough education.
Beginning with the basics of Linux and moving on to more advanced topics like Kali Linux for penetration testing and ethical hacking, the first book covers topics like basic commands, network administration, and BASH scripting. Beginning with the fundamentals and progressing to more complex topics like scripting and automation, the second book covers all you need to know about PowerShell.
Anyone seeking to improve their Linux and PowerShell skills, as well as their knowledge of ethical hacking and system administration, will find this bundle to be an invaluable resource.
Linux Essentials for Hackers & Pentesters
Kali Linux Basics for Wireless Hacking, Penetration Testing, VPNs, Proxy Servers and Networking Commands
"Linux Essentials for Hackers & Pentesters" is a hands-on tutorial-style book that teaches you the fundamentals of Linux, emphasising ethical hacking and penetration testing. This book employs the Kali Linux distribution to teach readers how to use Linux commands and packages to perform security testing on systems and networks.
Text manipulation, network administration, ownership and permissions, BASH scripting, proxy servers, VPNs, and wireless networks are covered. The book prepares you to perform web application hacking and build your own hacking Linux toolkit by teaching you how to use Linux commands and begin to think like a hacker. Hands-on exercises and practical examples are included in each chapter to reinforce the concepts covered.
This book is a must-have for anyone interested in a career in ethical hacking and penetration testing. Emphasizing ethical hacking practices, you'll learn not only how to hack but also how to do so responsibly and legally. This book will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to make a positive impact in the field of cybersecurity while also acting ethically and professionally. This book will help you hone your skills and become a skilled and ethical Linux hacker, whether you're a beginner or an experienced hacker.
- Learning linux binaries, complex text patterns, and combining commands
- Modifying and cloning IP addresses, phishing MAC ID, accessing and troubleshooting DNS
- Manipulating ownership and permissions, exploring sensitive files and writing BASH scripts
- Working around disk partitioning, filesystem errors and logical volume management
- Accessing proxy server policies, intercepting server performance and manipulating proxy servers
- Setting up APs, firewalls, VLAN, managing access, WPA encryption, and network analysis using Wireshark
Table of Content
- Up and Running with Linux Basics
- How to Manipulate Text?
- Administering Networks
- Add and Delete Applications
- Administering Ownership and Permissions
- Exploring Shells: BASH, ZSH and FISH
- Storage Management
- Working around Proxy Servers
- Administering VPNs
- Working on Wireless Networks
PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course
Unlock the Full Potential of PowerShell with Advanced Techniques, Automation, Configuration Management and Integration
Say goodbye to complicated IT tasks and embrace efficient system administration with "PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course." With hands-on experience and over 50 examples and demonstrations, you will build a strong understanding of PowerShell and gain confidence in its application.
"PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course" is the ultimate guide for system administrators and PowerShell users. This comprehensive resource teaches you everything to know about PowerShell, from the console and cmdlets to scripting, modules, and more. You will learn essential topics like Active Directory Management, Windows Server, PowerShell Remoting, DSC, SCCM, and administering software updates.
In addition, you will discover advanced techniques such as working with JSON and XML data, parallel processing, multithreading, and creating custom cmdlets and modules. You get to learn how to integrate PowerShell with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, and Chef, and how to use CI/CD tools like Jenkins. The book also covers integrating PowerShell with Bash and Python scripting and utilizing PowerShell Universal for running automation scripts through a single platform.Key Learnings
- Learn everything about PowerShell, from console to cmdlets to scripting and modules.
- Manage Active Directory, PowerShell Remoting, DSC, SCCM, and software updates.
- Discover advanced techniques like JSON and XML data, parallel processing, and multithreading.
- Create custom cmdlets and modules for automation and configuration management.
- Integrate PowerShell with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Bash, and Python scripting.
- Use PowerShell Universal to run automation scripts through a single platform.
- Beginning with PowerShell
- PowerShell Basics
- Cmdlets, Aliases, and Functions
- Up and Running with Scripting Basics
- Working with PowerShell Modules
- PowerShell Scripting
- Windows Management with PowerShell
- Active Directory Management
- PowerShell Remoting
- PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- PowerShell and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- PowerShell Security and Best Practices
- Advanced PowerShell Techniques
- PowerShell and Automation Frameworks
- Extending PowerShell and Interoperability
- Working with PowerShell Universal
This book is ideal for you if you want to build a strong understanding of PowerShell and its application, from the basics to advanced techniques. It is also suitable for you if you want to integrate PowerShell with automation and configuration management tools and other scripting languages.
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $13 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.