Archetypes State of Play
This book is 85% complete
Last updated on 2015-03-25
About the Book
NB: This project is not abandoned, just on the back burner for editing and re-writing.
Author Status: Climbing back up the face of a metaphorical cliff...
Status: Editing Phase. Storyline is more or less complete and will not change.
Current Version: 0.95.50
-Sequel recently updated. Editing on Book 1 is still underway.
Sequel's URL ( launched in ROUGH format, still a Work in Progress):
Short Synopsis (under construction)
After five years cut off from the rest of the world and three years of intense strife, Eastern and Western European nations have unified in opposition of each other. With all their standing armies engaged in games of cat and mouse against their counterparts, it falls to para-military and training institutions to deal with the insurgence of rebel factions & skirmishes. Hey, what better way to get experience than actual combat, what could possibly go wrong?
Two years after the Western Allied Academy entered active service, their pride and joy– Alpha Squadron– lead by their prodigious commander Nick Stone dies while on assignment at Geneva University. Their only surviving member, Heinz, a sniper on duty with the local militia, now has to help rebuild the team with a new commander, one he is not too keen to embrace.
General second class, Emile Beuachemain spearheads the recruitment of new members to rebuild this prestigious squadron, though his new members are controversial. Under the command of Max Aereno, a foreigner with background in “special” forces operations and a band of misfits, ranging form ex-convicts to drunkards and snobs, Max has his work cut out for him.
The game is setup. The pieces enter play. Will Max be able to lead a new team of “special” individuals when the deck is stacked against him? Just how much is he unaware of? After all, what would you do to try to save the only family you ever remembered having?
- Prologue: New assignments
- Chapter 1: Someone Else’s War
- Chapter 2: Paying dues
- Chapter 3: A life worth saving
- Chapter 4: Decisions
- Chapter 5: Orders and repercussions
- Chapter 6: Honourable or Free
- Chapter 7: Impulses
- Chapter 8: Choices
- Academy files
- Chapter 9: The Academy Part 1
- Chapter 10: The Academy Part 2
- Part 2:
- Chapter 1: Feet First
- Chapter 2: Debriefing
- Chapter 3: the Summoning
- Chapter 4: Training
- Chapter 5: Drinks with a General
- Commander Max Aereno’s log June 18th - June 22nd 2085
- XO Lucy Star’s Logs June 18th - June 22nd 2085
- Chief Intelligence Officer Mike Herdell’s logs June 17th - June 22nd 2085
- Linguistics and Diplomatic Officer Sophia DeCosmo’s logs June 17th -June 22nd 2085
- Chapter 6: Revelations.
- Chapter 7: Tip of the Iceberg.
- Chapter 8: The Tip of the Iceberg part II
- Chapter 9: Permission to speak freely
- Chapter 10: Archetype Predators
- Chapter 11: Assault
- Chapter 12: A Dish Best Served Cold
- Part 3
- Chapter 1: The Dreaming
- Chapter 2: Rude Awakenings
- Chapter 3: The Devil in the Details
- Chapter 4: The Homecoming
- Chapter 5: The Setup
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
Thirty days and nights of literary abandon!http://www.nanowrimo.org/
Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, National Novel Writing Month is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...