Agile Value Delivery - Beyond the Numbers
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-07-29
About the Book
Endorsment for Agile Value Delivery: Beyond the Numbers:
The title of this book, Agile Value Delivery: Beyond the Numbers, recognizes that linear extrapolations from past successes—which may have been a successful formula in recent times—is no longer a practical guide for managers or workers in a post digital world. Simply stated, the digital revolution has thrust us suddenly and rapidly into in a new world with new rules. This book is a practical behavioral guide to those who want to master these new rules. (from our Forward by Rod Collins)
From the Authors:
We decided to write this book to illustrate how Agile Practices, and more importantly Agile thinking, can be combined with those from Outcomes, Portfolio, Programme and Project Management to successfully and consistently deliver Value into Business Operations.
If you are a Portfolio, Programme or Project Manager and want to know which Agile practices would apply to your space then this book is for you.
If you are on an Agile team and want to know how Portfolio, Programme or Project management need to change to support you then we've got you covered.
If you are in HR or Finance and are wondering how all this Agile stuff really affects you then you really need to read Chapters 2, 3 and 9. It's not just a technical thing - it's a cultural and a money thing.
If you still believe in waterfall and think best practices are awesome, check out Chapter 3 and be stunned. They're far from awesome.
The website that will accompany the book. www.NextGenAgile.com, will provide additional collateral such as practice descriptions and how-to’s, tools, templates, articles, etc.
Changes in Release 1.1:
- We changed the wording to describe the activities in the model to the active voice (i.e used verbs instead of nouns) in Chapters 5 through 7. Figures 20-23 were updated accordingly. This also resulted in minor wording tweaks to the Description and Focus sections of each Chapter.
- We updated the section title Agile Value Management in Chapter 4 to Agile Value Delivery. Same for Figure 17
- We added a new section in Chapter 9: Human Resources called Preparing and Enabling People to describe the revised role of Learning and Development groups to both lead and take a more active role in helping people acquire and sustain the new skills and behaviours required for creating an agile ecosystem within their organizations
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION AND THE VALUE DELIVERY CONTEXT
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2: VALUE MANAGEMENT - PRELUDE TO A PORTFOLIO
- CHAPTER 3: THE FALSE PREMISE, BEST PRACTICES AND THE HISTORY OF AGILE THINKING
SECTION 2: MODELS SHAPE OUR THINKING
- CHAPTER 4: RESHAPING OUR THINKING
- CHAPTER 5: THE ICD MODEL
- CHAPTER 6: GOVERNANCE – THE BUSINESS DECISION PROTOCOL
- CHAPTER 7: EMERGENCE
SECTION 4: THE ICD MODEL QUADRANTS
- CHAPTER 8: OPERATE
- CHAPTER 9: INNOVATE
- CHAPTER 10: PRIORITIZE
- CHAPTER 11: CO-CREATE
SECTION 4: RESHAPING OUR ORGANIZATIONS
- CHAPTER 12: NEXT GENERATION AGILE
- CHAPTER 13: HUMAN RESOURCES
- CHAPTER 14: FINANCE
- CHAPTER 15: EPILOGUE
- CASE STUDY: LEADER AS FACILITATOR
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...