An Agile Playbook for Technical Communicators (An Agile Playbook for Technical Communicators - Special Offer Discount)
An Agile Playbook for Technical Communicators
A Guide for Technical Communicators Working with Agile Teams
About the Book
With the ever-growing demand for highly skilled professionals to work in cross-functional teams, it can be difficult navigating the workflow of Agile alone, as Technical Communicators often are. In this book we will explore what you need to know about Agile and highlight the benefits of adopting Agile in your everyday work life.
From being more effective when working with your team, to aligning your technical communication deliverables with your team’s sprint goals. Along the way we will explore how technical communication can open doors into a wide range of opportunities.
The book will also cover Agile best practices along with my own first-hand insights.
In An Agile Playbook for Technical Communicators, you will learn about the following:
- What Agile is, and the benefits of using it. Along with the pain points that may arise from time to time.
- The basic concepts of Agile.
- Features of a typical Agile workflow.
- How cross-functional teams work in Agile.
- How product and user documentation in Agile differs from the documents required by traditional methods.
- What the Agile Technical Communicator’s role is in Agile.
- Plus, tips on adding value as an “Agile” Technical Communicator.
What if you are not a Technical Communicator or Documentation Specialist?
As the Table of Contents shows, this book does cover many core Agile concepts that anyone new to Agile will find valuable when working with Agile Teams.
Technical Communication Consultant
Getting Familiar with Agile Terms
- The Difference between Agile and Scrum
- The Problem with Waterfall
- About the Agile Manifesto
- Agile Values
- Agile Principles
- Benefits of the Agile approach
- Pitfalls of the Agile Framework
The Agile Mindset
- The Core Values of the Agile Mindset
- Benefits of an Agile Mindset
- Developing your Agile Mindset Skills
- The Agile Mindset and the Team
- What the Agile Mindset Means for the Agile Technical Communicator
- Describing Kanban
- Differences between Kanban and Scrum
- Describing Scrum
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Events
- Difference Between Product and User Documentation
- Minimizing Documentation
- Value Focused Lean Documentation Criteria
- User Documentation Questions to Ask
- CRUFT Formula
- Just In Time documentation
- Documenting With Your Team
- Documentation Review Cycle
- Challenges for Agile Technical Communicators
- Key Takeaways from Agile Documentation
Documentation User Stories
- Sub-task documentation to a User Story
- Documentation to have its own User Story
- Use User Stories to drive User Advocacy
- Splitting User Stories
- User Story Communication Tips when Working with Stakeholders
- Tracking Documentation User Stories on a Task Board
Building Better Agile Relationships
- Building Relationships
- Working with Key Agile Roles
- Working with the Product Owner
- Working with the Scrum Master
- Working with the Development Team
- Tips on Being a Great Collaborator
- Professional Integrity
- Focus on Making your Job Easier
- Find Your Role in the Scrum Team
- Getting Past the Uncertainty
- Collaborating With Your Team
Questions and Answers
- Daily Challenges
- Does Agile work?
- Quality of the Scrum Master
- Documenting Before the Sprint
- Agile and BAU — How Does That Work?
- Communities of Practice
- Waterfall Inside a Sprint
- Agile Solutions for Slow Document Review Feedback
- Documents Overlapping Within Sprints
- Future of Agile
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.