About the Book
The book has four parts.
- The Mission of this Book
- The number type
- Strings and escape sequences
- Variables: let, const, and var
- The Object type
- Immediately Invoked Function Expression
- Variable Scopes and Shadowing
- The typeof operator
- Requesting Input from the User
- Some more operators
- An Introduction to Control Structures
- Selection in Depth: if-else and switch
- Iteration: Loops and Recursion
- The Spread Operator, Destructuring, and Rest Parameters
- Array-Like Objects
- Scopes: var, let, const
- Prototypal Inheritance
- Strict mode
Part III: Introduction to Web Development
- Accessing the DOM
- Using Cookies
- setTimeout and setInterval
- NodeJs and NPM
- Your Final Project
- Principles of Functional Programming
- Currying and Partial Evaluation
- Higher order functions
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.