Last updated on 2014-09-28
About the Book
Each month this book is updated to include the latest issues of the newsletter, as well as incorporate bug fixes and content feedback. Buyers receive free updates.
– James Shore, author of The Art of Agile Development
– Jason Fox
- Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Arbitrary Parameters with the
- Reordering Arrays with Array#sort
- What is an Array?
- Transforming Arrays with Array#map
Dealing with the Dangers of
- What are Prototype Properties and Methods?
- Testing Array Contents with Array#some
- Function functions
Invoking Functions With
- Boiling Down Arrays with Array#reduce
- Testing Array Contents with Array#every
- The Difference Between Boolean Objects and Boolean Primitives
The Uses of
- An Introduction to IIFEs - Immediately Invoked Function Expressions
- Creating Bound Functions with Function#bind
- Partial Application with Function#bind
- Determining if a String Contains a Substring
- Creating Unwritable Properties with Object.defineProperty
- Filtering Arrays with Array#filter
- Finding Array Elements with Array#indexOf
- Building Up Arrays with Array#concat
Ditching jQuery with
Retrieving Property Names with
Immutable Objects with
- Basic Inheritance with Object.create
- Creating Objects Without Prototypes
- Using ECMAScript 6 Maps
- The Perils of Non-Local Mutation
- Safely Referencing Undeclared Global Variables
- Creating Private Properties with ES6 Symbols
- Even Stricter Equality with Object.is
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...