Tons of Tips for SparxSystems Enterprise Architect
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-02-23
About the Book
This book is de successor to the best-selling 'Fifty Enterprise Architect Tricks'. It contains even more tips updated to version 14 of Enterprise Architect, a fully new and playful case, and a bonus app to write ShapeScripts easier.
- Copyright notice
- Thanks to
- About the author
The rules of the game ‘Werewolves of Woodhurst Willow’
- The goal of the game
- The basic rules
- The preparation of the game
- The Laws of WoWW
- The village and its professions
Chapter 1: Elementary, My Dear Watson
- Tip 1.1: Understanding elements and their place in the EA model
- Tip 1.2: Adding elements by putting them on diagrams
- Tip 1.3: Bookmarking elements
- Tip 1.4: Finding elements in the Project Browser
- Tip 1.5: Finding elements in all diagrams
- Tip 1.6: Deleting elements from the model
- Tip 1.7: Nesting elements
- Tip 1.8: Locking elements
- Tip 1.9: Easily importing elements
- Tip 1.10 A bit more advanced importing
- Tip 1.11: An elements default appearance
- Tip 1.12: Auto name counters
- Tip 1.13: Finding orphans
Chapter 2: Connecting Things
- Tip 2.1: Using the quick linker
- Tip 2.2: Repeat connector
- Tip 2.3: Adding related elements
- Tip 2.4: Put target element in diagram
- Tip 2.5: Exact placement of connectors
- Tip 2.6: Adding some bends
- Tip 2.7: Even curvier: the bezier curve
- Tip 2.8: Prompting on connector deletes
- Tip 2.9: Adding notes to connectors
- Tip 2.10: Docking elements
- Tip 2.11: Parent-child relationships, drag-and-drop style
- Tip 2.12: Showing the ‘namespace’ of linked elements
- Tip 2.13: Converting a linked element to a local copy
- Tip 2.14: Creating a link directly from the Project Browser
- Tip 2.15: Reusing the information model to label information flows
- Tip 2.16: Some tricks with the relationship matrix
Chapter 3: The Diagram has it!
- Tip 3.1: Copy a diagram to the clipboard
- Tip 3.2: Same size
- Tip 3.3: Manual layouting
- Tip 3.4: Using autolayout
- Tip 3.5: My favorite diagram!
- Tip 3.6: Change diagram type
- Tip 3.7: Package on a diagram
- Tip 3.8: Quick zooming
- Tip 3.9: A real copy or only a reference?
- Tip 3.10: Pardon my French
- Tip 3.11: A simple legend
- Tip 3.12: A more advanced legend
- Tip 3.13: Status colors on diagrams
- Tip 3.14: Putting the same element on the diagram twice - really?
- Tip 3.15: Copying diagrams in different ways
- Tip 3.16: Attribute notes on the diagram
Chapter 4: Toolbox, Types and Tagged Values
- Tip 4.1: Toolbox Visibility
- Tip 4.2: Create your own toolbox
- Tip 4.3: General Types
- Tip 4.4: Stereotypes visualized
- Tip 4.5: Tagged Value Types
- Tip 4.6: Inheriting tagged values
- Tip 4.7: Applying a tagged value to multiple elements
- Tip 4.8: Adding a diagram property to the toolbox
- Tip 4.9: The order of the elements in the toolbox
- Tip 4.10: Setting a default element size
- Tip 4.11: An icon for elements in the toolbox
- Tip 4.12: Working with metatypes
- Tip 4.13: The shapescripting canvas
- Tip 4.14: Some shapescripting limitations
- Tip 4.15: Hiding connector labels
Chapter 5: Workflow Management
- Tip 5.1: Searching for work
- Tip 5.2: The slideshow
- Tip 5.3: Filtering
- Tip 5.4: Discuss it!
- Tip 5.5: Visualize workflow the old way
- Tip 5.6: Visualize workflow - the new Kanban style!
- Tip 5.7: A simple todo list
- Overview of shortcuts
- Bonus: the shapescripter app
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.