This book is 45% complete
Last updated on 2013-04-19
About the Book
You might both be geeks, living in some kind of geek paradise collecting Star Wars figurines and comic books and doing scene by scene reenactments of Lord of the Rings. But more likely only one of you is. It is these relationships that are so tricky and that's why my wife and I decided to write this book. These are concrete techniques that we've applied to our (now 12+ year) marriage that were fundamental to our success.
Table of Contents (We'll likely add more)
- Introduction — Why this book?
- The Marriage Mission Statement — Why did we do this?
- The Rule Book — Setting Expectations for Reasonable People
- Marriage first, kids second - Setting real priorities.
- Communications — Positioning your ego and your relationship
- Resentment — It kills relationships and how to avoid it.
- The Allowance System — Let’s not fight about money
- It’s Daddy Day! — You each need a cave and that’s OK.
- Respecting the WAF — The Wife (or Spouse) Acceptance Factor
- Finding Work-life balance — Get stuff done and play with the kids.
- Honesty matters — Sharing passwords and more
- Scheduling Life - Fitting it all in and making time for yourself
- Appendix - Tools and Products we recommend for a Happy Relationship
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.