Max for Live Ultimate Zen Guide
Last updated on 2013-12-05
About the Book
What you get is an unusually lucid look at how Max lives inside Live – how it integrates with what Live can do. That makes it essential reading for anyone wanting to tinker with Live and make it their own. From there (see the Table of Contents below), it moves into MIDI and audio, effects and instruments, making it an effective bridge to a more in-depth education in Max or patching in general. - Peter Kirn / CDM Blogs
mastering all Max for Live concepts
understand and use the Live Object Model
create your own instruments and sound generators
create your own MIDI and audio FX
create your own custom interface with control & feedback
Sometimes, total number of pages seems to vary => Just because I changed the global paper size of the book => I NEVER REMOVE parts !
Expert Reviewer, Ableton Certified Trainer, Sound design teacher at Leicester, UK
- About the review & edit of the book
- This guide is not
- This guide is
- If you find a mistake or a typo in this guide
- If you would like to find out about courses on Ableton Live, Max6
1 Max for Live Basics
- 1.1 What ?
- 1.2 Ableton Live Basics
- 1.3 Max for Live specific objects
2 Live Object Model
- 2.1 What is LOM ?
- 2.2 LOM’s Objects
- 2.3 How to read the documentation
- 2.4 Children, Properties & functions
- 2.5 Path, ID & navigation
- 2.6 One shot request with get and live.object
- 2.7 Observing properties in Live with live.observer
- 2.8 Calling objects’ functions with live.object
- 2.9 Changing properties’ values by using set & live.object
- 2.10 Controlling continuous parameters in Live with live.remote~
- 2.11 List and use objects’ children
- 2.12 live.thisdevice tool
- 2.13 Mode Preview & performances
4 Creating your own Max for Live devices
- 4.1 preset & pattr
- 4.2 Freezing Max for Live’s devices
- 4.3 Presentation mode
- 4.4 Limitations of Max for Live compared to Max
- 4.5 MIDI & audio specific objects for Live connection
- 4.6 An example of MIDI instrument
- 4.7 Example of a sound generator
- 4.8 MIDI FX example
- 4.9 Audio FX example
- Conclusions & perspectives
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.