The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
Last updated on 2019-04-03
About the Book
Working remotely and running a remote team seems like black magic to many. Yet at Zapier, we've been working remotely since our founding in October of 2011. This book shares everything we've learned about running a remote team—our successes and our failures.
Beginning as a series of posts on the Zapier blog, this book is an ongoing work about our experiences as a remote team, with much of the book written by Zapier CEO Wade Foster along with chapters from our team members and other remote employees. We'll update it periodically so you can learn how our thinking and processes change as we've grown from three to 200+ people and beyond, and we'll keep the older versions of each chapter archived so you can learn with us over time.
- Chapter 1: How to Run a Remote Team
- Chapter 2: How to Hire a Remote Team
- Chapter 3: How to Build Culture in a Remote Team
- Chapter 4: How Successful Remote Teams Evaluate Employees
- Chapter 5: How to Build Strong Relationships in a Remote Team
- Chapter 6: How to Run a Company Retreat for a Remote Team
- Chapter 7: This is What a Remote Office Looks Like
- Chapter 8: How to Work Faster in a Remote Team
- Chapter 9: How to Find Your Optimal Work Environment and Boost Productivity
- Chapter 10: How to Work in Different Timezones
- Chapter 11: How to Avoid Burnout in a Remote Team
- Chapter 12: How to Thrive as an Extrovert on a Remote Team
- Chapter 13: How to Find and Get Hired for a Remote Job
- Chapter 14: The Remote Workers’ Toolkit
- Chapter 15: A Special Thanks To Those Who Share
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.