Why Marketing Yourself Is Important
Why Marketing Yourself Is Important
About the Book
I want to help you get a better job and make more money
Here is a puzzle for you: why do you think it is that so many companies are complaining about how hard it is today to find good software developers, yet, so many highly skilled software developers either can't find a good job or are in a job that doesn't make them happy?
Before I give you the answer to that question, let's talk a little bit about your situation.
Are you happy with your current job?
Are you satisfied with the direction your career is going?
Do you feel secure in knowing that if you lost your job, you could get a new one quickly?
90% of software developers I talk to answer "no" to one or more of these questions. I, myself, answered no to ALL of these questions just a few years ago, but then I found a way to flip things around and build for myself a secure future where I enjoy what I am doing and feel confident that I am going in the right direction.
Since I've discovered this secret, I've been able to:
- Make more money
- Have more time to do what I enjoy doing
- Feel completely satisfied with my career and job
- And feel like I am providing value to the world
I know that might sound a little cheesy, but if I would have known early in my career what I know now, I could have saved myself quite a bit of heartache, wasted time, and I would be a lot better off financially than I am now.
That is why I wrote this book, that is the reason I am making the course that goes along with this book.
I want to be able to give you the benefit of knowing the secret that would have helped me so long ago. You don't have to waste years of your life treading water, when you can be riding the raft of success down the river instead.
You may have guessed it already from the title of this book, but my secret to success is learning how to market yourself as a software developer. (It also happens to be the answer to the why companies can't find good developers and good developers can't find jobs.)
Although marketing sometimes gets a bad rap, the whole purpose of marketing is simply to connect someone who had a need for a product or service with a product or service that fulfills that need.
When companies complain that they can't find good software developers, it isn't because there aren't good software developers out there, it is because those good software developers don't know how to market themselves, so those companies aren't finding them.
By not knowing how to market yourself, you are missing out on hundreds of potential opportunities that you will never even know about.
You are missing out on:
- Chances to get a better higher paying job
- Freelancing opportunities to make extra income on the side
- Advancement opportunities and raises in your current position
- Business opportunities and adventures that you can't even imagine
The best part is, it is EASY--that is, once you know how.
In this book, I'll teach you how to build a successful personal brand that will have employers, clients and business opportunities practically breaking down your door.
Just click the Buy Now button, and make be one of the smart developers who chooses to make a wise investment in their future.
Wait! Want to get this book completely FREE?
I can't possibly cover everything I want to cover about marketing yourself as a software developer in a single book. That is why I put together a complete course that covers all the topics of this book in detail.
The complete How To Market Yourself as a Software Developer course will contain:
- Building a Brand video course. A complete training course to show you how to build your personal brand and promote it successfully to increase your earning potential.
- How to Create a Blog video tutorials. I'll take you step-by-step through the process of creating your own blog and give you my secret formula for making it popular.
- The Ultimate Developer Guide to Social Networks. No fluff advice on using social networks to reinforce your brand and use them to make an impact.
- Resume Advice That Will Make or Break You. You really won't want to miss this one. Especially if you are looking for a new job.
- The Complete Guide to Getting Your Name Out There. Want to get published? Create online videos or tutorial? Good, I'll show you how.
- Networking Do's and Don'ts for Developers. Here I'll tell you why most developers and other professionals are doing it wrong.
- 5+ Video Interviews With Top Developers (Including Thee Bob Martin-- Uncle Bob, and founder of StackOverflow, Jeff Atwood), who will share with you their secrets to successfully marketing themselves and building their own personal brands.
Just go to http://devcareerboost.com, purchase the course and The "Why Marketing Yourself Is Important Book" will be instantly delivered to your inbox.
- Why Marketing Matters
- Be everywhere
- Find a niche
- Add (mostly) free value
Building a Brand
- What is a brand?
- Building a personal brand
- Telling a story
Am I My Brand?
- Three examples
- Breaking it down
Creating a Blog
- Blogging platforms
- Blog hosting options
- Design and branding
Building a Successful Blog
- Frequency is most important
- What do I write about?
- Tips and tricks
Using Social Networks
- The platforms
- Keeping your image clean
- Managing multiple accounts
More than Just a Resume
- What is a resume?
- Should you write your own resume?
- If you insist on writing your own resume
- Get a recruiter to look at your resume
- Traditional publishers
- Magazine articles
- Guest posting
Other Ways To Get Your Name Out There
- User group and conferences
- Contributing to open source
- Baby steps
- About The Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.