About the Book
‘Techies doing ‘bean counting’, surely that is the role of the Finance Department - definitely not that of a technologist? Correct, but think again...
As more and more companies become increasingly digitally driven, the trend is that smart companies are investing more in their digital strategies and the conversion of technology innovation into revenue earning products and services. Leading businesses in this technology age, will be the technologist, the IT leaders of today is becoming the business leaders of the future.
This book provides a concise overview of the most important financial functions, statements, terms, practical application guidelines and performance measures.
- It explains the different financial statements in more detail, the data that make-up the information provided within financial accounts.
- It provides an overview of the underlying financials in business and technology operations, project management, marketing and sales.
- You will gain insight into how to identify and understand your target audience within the market you operate and how to measure up against your opposition.
- You’ll learn the value that commercial awareness and financial intelligence bring to setting strategy, increasing productivity and efficiency and how it can support you in making more effective decisions.
- You’ll learn what the numbers really mean.
About the Author
Renier Botha is a Business Leader and Chartered Technology Professional (CITP) that works with organisations to better integrate technology innovation with business ideas, products and service delivery.
Advising business leaders, Renier focusses companies, from start-up to enterprise, to better integrate technology innovations and intellectual property into their mainstream revenue channels. As part of this transformation process, he ensures knowledge workers are more commercially aware.
In the recent years, Renier has been responsible and accountable for leading various origanisations and for directing and delivering multiple global programmes with mixed teams in multi-geographical locations. Renier started his own consultancy business in June 2013 - renierbotha.com
Today Renier serves as Executive, Non-Executive Director. Board Advisor and Management/Technology Consultant.
He specialises in increasing the technology value proposition and show people how to achieve objectives that, at first, might seem impossible. Working with him ensures that an organisation fully understands and capatilises on all it’s technology assets, reducing the total cost and increasing the return on investment of technology by developing innovative and capable technology service delivery assets.