What Mom Forgot to Tell You about Remote and Freelance Work
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-09-29
About the Book
There is a great deal of very wonderful advice out there about how to get started as a freelancing consultant, increase your rates, and find clients, but a big gap in teaching practical steps in "stabilizing" your business and client load and making this type of career an enjoyable, stress-free (or at least, "stress-reduced") one.
These essays will ask things like:
- What's your "remoteness" rating?
- What's your "independence" rating?
- What's your "expert" rating?
- How do you deal with cyclical downtimes?
- How do you keep your client thrilled they found you?
Knowing the answers to these questions will tell us where and how to strengthen our business, so we're never left looking at an empty calendar wondering where the next paycheck will come from.
Check it out on Good Reads!
- This isn’t a book of answers
- What’s your “remoteness” rating?
- What’s your “independence” rating?
- What’s your “expert” rating?
- August and New Year’s, Oh, shit! (aka, Down times)
- “I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today!” and other promises
- Keeping your client happy & in the loop
- Building a reputation through Social Media
- Onboarding new clients - “Specs” and Estimates
- Review your failures
- Some final thoughts
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.