What is AI ?
What is AI ?
And what is its relation to consciousness and life?
About the Book
This eBook about AI represents a wandering through science, humanity and philosophy in order to provide a deeper understanding about a number of terms that we frequently use without knowing exactly what it is. What is intelligence, consciousness and life exactly? What is AI and do we really need it and for what purpose? The answers given here are of course not supposed to end all discussion about it, but they hopefully inspire the reader to think about this topic, lay grounds for discussion on the subject and help the reader to find an own clear opinion.
1. Intelligence and Purpose
- 1.1 A Cycle Of Abstract Terms (COAT)
- 1.2 How does the COAT relate to life?
- 1.3 Understanding purpose
2. Intelligence and Consciousness
- 2.1 Consciousness in a middle-rated sense
- 2.2 Consciousness in a narrow sense
- 2.3 Degrees of Consciousness
3. AI and Artificial Consciousness
- 3.1 Strong and Weak AI and artificial consciousness (AC)
- 3.2 Warm and Cold Consciousness
- 3.3 What is AI good for?
- 3.4 What are the problems with AI?
4. AI and Life
- 4.1 What is Artificial Life?
- 4.2 Is a strong AI or a warm AC alive?
5. Man vs Machine
- 5.1 Why is this comparison helpful?
- 5.2 Why is this comparison needless?
- 5.3 Human expertise and superiority of AI
6. Final Thoughts
- 6.1 A look onto limits
- 6.2 A proposal for modesty
- 6.3 The joy of mysteries
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.