Websites & Web Apps on AWS
Last updated on 2015-09-27
About the Book
AWS offers services that provide businesses with a flexible, highly scalable, and low-cost way to deliver their websites and web applications. In this quest, you’ll learn to work with foundational services for marketing websites on AWS
1. Create Amazon EC2 Instances(for Linux)
- 1.1 What is Amazon EC2?
- 1.2 Verify Your Region in the AWS management Console
- 1.3 Creating a New Amazon EC2 Server Instance
- 1.4 Connecting to your Amazon EC2 Instance via SSH
- 1.5 Crete a PHP Web Page on Your Linux Web Server
- 1.6 View Your Web Site
- 1.7 Assign a Fixed IP Address
- 1.8 Conclusion
2. AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- 2.1 Waht is AWS Identity and Access Management?
- 2.2 Exploring Users and Groups
- 2.3 Add Users To Groups
- 2.4 Set Custom Passwords
- 2.5 Conclusion
3. Using Open Data with Amazon S3
- 3.1 What is Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- 3.2 What is Open Data?
- 3.3 Create New Amazon S3 Buckets
- 3.4 Configuring Your Site Bucket Static Website Hosting
- 3.5 Configuring Your Data Bucket to be Shareable
- 3.6 Add Object to your Buckets
- 3.7 View your open data website
- 3.8 Upderstanding the website we’re provided
- 3.9 Conclusion
4. Working with Elastic Load Balancing
- 4.1 What is Elastic Load Balancing?
- 4.2 Launch Web Servers
- 4.3 Independently Connect to Each Web Server
- 4.4 Create a Load Balancer
- 4.5 View Elastic Load Balancing CloudWatch Metrics
- 4.6 Conclusion
5. Maintaining Hight Availability with Auto Scaling
- 5.1 What is Auto Scaling?
- 5.2 Create a Launch Configuration
- 5.3 Configure Auto Scaling group
- 5.4 Verifying Auto Scaling
- 5.5 Conslusion
6. Building Your Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- 6.1 What Is Amazon VPC?
- 6.2 Create the Base VPC
- 6.3 Launch a Web Server
- 6.4 Connect to the Webserver in the Public Subnet
- 6.5 Launch a Back-End Microsoft SQL Server
- 6.6 Manually Create Two More Subnets
- 6.7 Launch a Bastion Windows Host
- 6.8 Conslusion
7. Caching Static Files with Amazon CloudFront
- 7.1 What Is Amazon CloudFront?
- 7.2 What is Amazon S3?
- 7.3 Exploring the Static Website Hosted in Your Amazon S3 Bucket
- 7.4 Creating an Amazon CloudFront Web Distribution
- 7.5 Testing Your Static Website from an Amzon CloudFron Distribution
- 7.6 Updating your Site: Cache Content Considerations
- 7.7 Conclusion
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.