Web Application Advanced Hacking
Web Application Advanced Hacking
A Hands-On Field Guide to latest techniques used by security researchers and bug bounty hunters
About the Book
No matter if you're veteran or newcomer to the security field, the key technologies used in today’s web applications are rapidly changing—with more and more data stored in the cloud and applications based on cutting-edge, open-source technologies, penetration testing and security engagement processes have naturally become more complicated.
This book intends to be hands-on and highly practical guide to enhancing your knowledge on modern application stacks. It will help to fill knowledge gaps when it comes to hacking modern web applications by using advanced techniques such as manually identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities for:
- NoSQL databases
- JSON Web Token (JWT) & OAuth2.0 Protocols
- Cloud Storage
- Advanced Server-Side Request Forgery (SSRF)
- Application Logical flaws
- and much more...
All covered in this book using real-life examples!
The skills you gain from this book will help you to expand the scope of your customers' engagements and increase your value as a security professional (or “white-hacker,” as some prefer to be called), as this book will help you dive deep into the underlying concepts beneath pentesting tools.
- Legal Disclaimer
- About the Author
- Who is this book for?
- A word of favor and caution
- What to expect from this book
- Feedback and book updates
Chapter 1: Deserialization Attacks
- Insecure deserialization
- PHP Object Injection
- Python pickle serialization
Chapter 2: Type Juggling Attacks
- Type juggling example explained
- Special cases with type juggling
- “Zero-like” type juggling
Chapter 3: NoSQL Databases
- NoSQL injection fundamentals
- MongoDB NoSQL injection explained
- Testing MongoDB NoSQL injections
- Attacking CouchDB interfaces
- Remote privilege escalation vulnerability (CVE-2017-12635)
- Arbitrary Command Execution (CVE-2017-12636)
Chapter 4: API Hacking GraphQL
- GraphQL crash course
- Detect GraphQL endpoints
- Enumerate GraphQL schema
- SQL injection via GraphQL query
Chapter 5: Misconfigured Cloud Storage
- Enumerate public cloud-storage instances
- Misconfigured S3 buckets
- Google Studio insufficient permissions
- Automate hunting for cloud storage
Chapter 6: Server-Side Request Forgery
- SSRF Exploitation with SSRFmap
- Cloud-based SSRF
- SSRF Out-of-Band with XXE
- SSRF with Local File Inclusion
- Gopher Protocol with SSRF
- SSRF with URL redirects
Chapter 7: Application Logic
- Host header Poisoning
- Sensitive Data Exposure
- Mass Assignment
- Replay Attacks
- HTTP Response Splitting
- DOM Clobbering
- Bypass Business Limit
Chapter 8: Attacking JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- JWT Format 101
- Modify Signature Algorithm
- Change Cipher Algorithm
- Cracking the JWT Secret
Chapter 9: Attacking SAML Flows
- XML External Entity (XXE) via SAML Assertion
- Signature Stripping
- Tamper with Self-Signed Signature
- XML Signature Wrapping (XSW) Attacks
- Comment Truncation Vulnerability
Chapter 10: Attacking OAuth 2.0 Flows
- Insufficient Redirect URI Validation
- Cross-Site Request Forgery OAuth Client
- Cross-Site Request Forgery Authorization Server
- Authorization Code Replay Attack
- Access Token Scope Abuse
- Token Leakage via Mobile URI scheme
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.