Get Started with Visual Regression Testing and WebdriverIO
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2017-02-21
About the Book
Note: This book was written to take advantage of a library called WebdriverCSS. Unfortunately, support for WebdriverCSS has ended, and therefore many of the examples in the book no longer apply.
In this short book, you will learn how to:
- Keep on top of breaks in your design as they happen during development.
- Add this visual regression technique to speed up old project workflows.
Pre-requisites are simply a basic understanding of:
- Command line usage (YouTube Refresher)
- Node fundamentals such as installing and requiring modules.
If you're interested in learning more, check out http://learnwebdriverio.com
What to know about Visual Regression Testing
- Some Terminology
- The Benefits of Functional Testing
- Some Disclaimers
- The Technology
- Course Requirements (aka today’s homework)
- What’s Next?
Today you’re going to write your first regression test
- Let’s make a test!
Real Visual Regression Testing with WebdriverCSS
- Setting Up WebdriverCSS
- Writing our first Visual Regression Tests
- Hey, that wasn’t a test!
- Seeing what’s wrong
- I meant to change that…
- Up next
And… Action! Take Control with WebdriverIO Commands
- Starting Off
- Clicking around
- Finishing up
- The Full Tests
- In Review
Advanced WebdriverCSS Usage
- Customize the setup
- Customize a screenshot
- Excluding, hiding and removing
- Managing Baseline images
- Updating baseline images
What’s Next for You?
- That’s It
A nationwide network of volunteer-led after school coding clubs for children aged 9-11.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...