Variant Modeling with SysML
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-04-12
About the Book
SysML does not provide explicit built-in language constructs to model variants. Nevertheless SysML is useful to create a model for variants. The VAMOS method presented in the book Variant Modeling with SysML is one option how to model variants with SysML. It uses the profile mechanism of SysML to extend the language with a concept for variant modeling.
The concepts are core, variation point, variation, variant, variant constraint, and variant configuration. The book shows how to apply the concepts with standard SysML modeling tool.
Table of Content:
- Variant Modeling Concepts
- Variant Modeling with SysML
- Other Variant Modeling Concepts
- Variant Stereotypes for SysML
- Example: Forest Fire Detection System
- Example: Virtual Museum Tour
- About MBSE4U
- About me
History and Outlook
- Version History
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Variant Modeling Concepts
3. Variant Modeling with SysML (VAMOS)
- 3.1 Sample Project
- 3.2 Core, Variations, and Variant Configurations
- 3.3 Core
- 3.4 Variation point
- 3.5 Variations and Feature Trees
- 3.6 Variants
- 3.7 Variant Configuration
4. Other Variant Modeling Concepts
- 4.1 Feature Oriented Domain Analysis (FODA)
- 4.2 Common Variability Language (CVL)
- 4.3 Orthogonal Variability Model (OVM)
5. Variant Stereotypes for SysML
- 5.1 BindingTimeKind
- 5.2 REQUIRES constraint
- 5.3 Variant
- 5.4 VariantConfiguration
- 5.5 Variation
- 5.6 VariationPoint
- 5.7 XOR constraint
Appendix A - Example Forest Fire Detection System
- A.1 The Core
- A.2 The Variants
- A.3 The Variant Configurations
Appendix B - Example Virtual Museum Tour System
- B.1 The Core
- B.2 The Variants
- B.3 The Variant Configurations
The Book + SYSMOD profile with VAMOS stereotypes and sample models for Cameo Systems Modeler/MagicDraw
SYMSOD profile including the VAMOS stereotypes, the Forest Fire Detection System and the FruitSalad sample project for the SysML modeling tool Cameo Systems Modeler (aka MagicDraw). Install the profile with the Resource Manager.
The file contains the SYSMOD profile with the VAMOS stereotypes and the FruitSalad and Forest Fire Detection System sample models for Cameo Systems Modeler/MagicDraw. Import the zip file with the Cameo Systems Modeler/MagicDraw Resource/Plugin-Manager.
This book is published on Leanpub by MBSE4U - Tim Weilkiens
Publishing on the Pulse of the Markets
MBSE4U - Tim Weilkiens is a publishing house for books about MBSE. They are intended to be regularly updated to align the content with the highly dynamic systems engineering domain.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...