About the Book
Do you know how healthy is your organization, department, or team? Have you kept employee turnover, absenteeism, organizational stress, and conflict under tolerable levels?
Written for organizational leaders, managers, analysts, HR professionals, and other organization enthusiasts, this book outlines a scholarship and research-backed framework, consisting of 20 factors to help with improving your organizational health and wealth.
The author refers to 80+ mostly empirical works (many of them longitudinal) to build a picture of various organizational ailments, mechanisms, processes and abstract notions of importance.
For instance, did you know:
- The benefits of converging HR practices in line with enveloping national culture ?
- Of the enormous influence of intellectual capital, particularly customer capital, over firm success?
- That organizational justice plays an outsized role in individual commitment and turnover intentions?
- How do cooperation and competition impact satisfaction and success in different contexts?
- The combined power of training, goal setting, and feedback on productivity and performance?
- Of fund and effort wastage through misguided training; how can focus on training application help?
- The intricate practices of dual style leadership needed for successful R&D execution?
- Of how do organizational commitment and job satisfaction heavily predict turnover?
The book covers all these aspects and more in helping the practitioner consider a broader range of factors, know what to focus on, and make better decisions on the ground.
About the Author
Shrijith Venkatramana is an engineer, researcher and entrepreneur at Hexmos — a firm addressing organizational issues through analysis, diagnosis, and socio-technical interventions.