The Tetradian weblogs
About the Book
“...one model-type to rule them all...”
Enterprise Canvas is a simple yet powerful method and notation to model any aspect of the enterprise, building on a core concept of 'everything as a service'. It was initially designed for enterprise-architecture and related business needs, but will also be useful in many other areas.
Although Enterprise Canvas can be used as modelling-technique in its own right, its real role is to provide a consistent means to bridge across many of the disparate model-types in use in enterprise-architecture - hence the jesting claim of 'One Model-Type To Rule Them All'. Frameworks and notations that Enterprise Canvas draws upon, and is compatible with, include Zachman, Archimate, UML, BPMN, Business Motivation Model, Business Model Canvas, Viable System Model, VPEC-T, PDCA, OODA and the ever-ubiqitous SWOT.
This ebook is an edited collection of articles from the Tetradian weblog (http://weblog.tetradian.com), on the Enterprise Canvas model-type. This updated edition includes all weblog-posts on Enterprise Canvas up to end of January 2014; there'll be further new editions of this ebook from time to time, to incorporate later posts and practical experience.
- The Quest for the Enterprise Canvas
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 1: Context and Value
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 2: Market and Supply-Chain
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 3: Owners and Managers
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 4: Layers
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 5: Recursion, Flows and Systems
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 6: Models
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 7: Patterns
- The Enterprise Canvas, Part 8: Integration
- The Enterprise Canvas: Summary and Index
- The Enterprise Canvas: a Really Simple Summary
- An Enterprise Canvas update: ‘value-governance’
- Metaframeworks in practice, Part 5: Enterprise Canvas
- Context-space mapping with the Enterprise Canvas
- Context-space mapping with Enterprise Canvas, Part 2: Business context
- Context-space mapping with Enterprise Canvas, Part 3: Value-proposition
- Context-space mapping with Enterprise Canvas, Part 4: Rethinking vision bottom-up
- Context-space mapping with Enterprise Canvas, Part 5: Service content
- Architecture: To-be is top-down, as-is is bottom-up
- Progress on Enterprise Canvas
- Not quite VPEC-T
- More on ‘Not-quite VPEC-T’
- Identifying meaning in context: VPECS and VPEC-T
- Enabling enterprise-architecture conversations
- Models as decision-records (Enterprise Canvas)
- Next-generation toolsets for enterprise-architecture?
- The toolset-ecosystem
- People, assets, relationships and responsibility
- Modelling people in enterprise-architecture
- Power, people and enterprise-architecture
- Positioning Enterprise Canvas in enterprise-architecture work
- Great conversations on enterprise-architecture
- Notes on architecture versus design
- Rethinking the layers in enterprise-architecture
- CRUD, CRUDE and other action-acronyms
- Enterprise Canvas and the Service Cycle
- Direction and governance flows in Enterprise Canvas
- Where marketing meets enterprise-architecture
- Who is the customer?
- Using Business Model Canvas for non-profits
- From business-model to enterprise-architecture
- Why business-model to enterprise-architecture?
- Upwards and sideways from business-model
- Upwards and sideways from business-model (short version)
- More on that enterprise-architecture ‘help needed’
- Back to the roots for EA toolset metamodels
- Simplifying the Enterprise Canvas
- More on simplified Enterprise Canvas
- Enterprise Canvas as service-viability checklist
- Two kinds of Why
- Dependency and resilience in enterprise-architecture models
- Backbone and business-rules
- Management as ‘just another service’
- Rebalancing top-down management-architectures
- Managers, leaders and hierarchies
- This: an exploratory game for service-oriented EA
- More on the ‘This’ game for enterprise-architecture
- The ‘This’ game and EA toolsets
- Using the ‘This’ game in EA modelling
- Modelling mixed-value in Enterprise Canvas
- Charisma, connection and brand
- More on EA and asset-types
- Assets and services
- The meaning of service
- Service, function and capability (again)
- Service, function and capability (an addendum)
- What is a value-proposition?
- Every organisation is ‘for-profit’
- Business Model Canvas beyond startups - Part 1
- Business Model Canvas beyond startups - Part 2: Front-end
- Business Model Canvas beyond startups - Part 3: Back-end
- Business-models between for-profit and not-for-profit
- Costs of acquisition, retention, de-acquisition
- Yet more on ‘No jobs for generalists’ (Part 2)
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
I am a Software Engineer and I am in ChargeAlexis Monville and Michael Doyle
I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge is a real-world, practical book that helps you increase your impact and satisfaction at work no matter who you work with.
In the book, we will follow Sandrine, a fictional character who learns to think in a new way enabling her to take a different course of action.
Invest In Digital Health - The Medical Futurist's GuideDr. Bertalan Mesko
Artificial Intelligence and Digital Health are booming. In this book, we explain why now it's a good time to invest in Digital Health and give recommendations on where to invest by looking at the top 24 technological trends we find the most promising.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Mastering STM32Carmine Noviello
With more than 600 microcontrollers, STM32 is probably the most complete ARM Cortex-M platform on the market. This book aims to be the first guide around that introduces the reader to this exciting MCU portfolio from ST Microelectronics and its official CubeHAL.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
The Future of Digital Health
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy and how technology giants such as Amazon or Google want to conquer...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
"The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++"
2 BooksGet my books "The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++" in a bundle. The first book gives you the details you should know about the C++ standard library; the second one dives deeper into concurrency with modern C++. In sum, you get more than 600 pages full of modern C++ and about 250 source files presenting the standard library...
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
Programming with Ease
3 BooksAlle drei Bände der Serie Programming with Ease in einem Paket. Darin findest du alles, was ich dir zu den wichtigsten Phasen der Softwareentwicklung im Hinblick auf Clean Code Development für langfristig hohe Produktivität sagen kann.Im Band Slicing findest du die Anforderungsanalyse im Rahmen eines iterativ-inkrementellen Vorgehensmodells aus...
2 BooksUnveil the power of Ansible and Vagrant with this bundle at a special price. You'll have everything you need to get started with Vagrant - learn the basics and how to create your virtual development environments, using Ansible as provisioner! About Vagrant Cookbook Vagrant Cookbook is a complete guide to get started with Vagrant and create your...
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
Growing Agile: The Complete Coach's Guide
7 BooksGrowing Agile: Coach's Guide Series This bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity...