Tools and toolsets for enterprise architecture
Tools and toolsets for enterprise architecture
Support for design, discipline and decision-making
About the Book
This anthology from the Tetradian weblog explores a range of topics about the kind of toolsets that we need to support the work in enterprise-architectures and the like.
It includes around 50 posts and 90 images, and is split into five sections:
- Toolsets: Integration - a set of overviews that bring it all together
- Toolsets: Why - a decade’s-worth of explorations in the ‘Why‘ behind the need
- Toolsets: How - about how this blending of toolset and platform would be used in real-world practice
- Toolsets: What - some examples of the ‘What‘ that we’d need to cover across the whole-enterprise space, in terms of notations and the like
- Toolsets: Implementation - some practical notes towards implementation, getting beyond conjecture and towards making it real
- TOOLSETS: INTRODUCTION
- TOOLSETS: INTEGRATION
- Toolsets for enterprise-architecture - another try
- From tools to toolset
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 5: Practices and toolsets
- TOOLSETS: WHY
- On EA tools and paper trials
- Meanderings on metamodels
- ‘Bindedness’ in metamodels
- Executable enterprise architecture
Enabling enterprise-architecture conversations
- One tool to rule them all?
- Enabling interactive conversations on architectures
- Beyond the whiteboard
- Next-generation toolsets for enterprise-architecture?
- Models as decision-records (Enterprise Canvas)
- What’s the point of this ‘EA metamodel’?
- Which EA tools? – and why?
Dotting the joins (the JEA version)
- Dotting the joins: the adverse effects of specialization
- Joining the dots
- EA toolsets - time to get on the cluetrain?
- How do you think?
- Enterprise-architecture as hologram
- Toolsets, pinball and un-dotting the joins
- Platform, toolset and tool
- More on the ‘Why’ for new toolsets
- TOOLSETS: HOW
- Big EA, Little EA and Personal EA
- LEGO as an enterprise-architecture modelling tool?
- The toolset-ecosystem
- Dependency and resilience in enterprise-architecture models
- This: an exploratory game for service-oriented EA
- The ‘This’ game and EA toolsets
What do we need from our EA tools?
- Implications for implementation
- Tools and metatools
- Toolsets for associative modelling
A tale of three toolsets
- Enterprise Evolver
- Analog Memory Desk
- What can we learn from this?
- The game of enterprise-architecture
- TOOLSETS: WHAT
Simplifying the Enterprise Canvas
- Some comments on modelling
- More on simplified Enterprise Canvas
Five EA app ideas – anyone interested?
- App idea 1: SCAN sensemaking framework
- App idea 2: Context-space mapping sensemaking-method
- App idea 3: ‘This’-game for context-exploration
- App idea 4: Enterprise Canvas architecture-modelling
- App idea 5: SEMPER diagnostic
- Bonus rather-more-than-an-app idea: full EA toolset
- An inventory of sorts
- Making a knowledge-base for whole-enterprise EA more accessible
- TOOLSETS: IMPLEMENTATION
Unravelling the anatomy of Archimate
- The anatomy of Archimate
- Rethinking the anatomy of Archimate
- Back to the roots for EA toolset metamodels
- More detail on EA metamodel
- EA metamodel and method
- EA metamodel – a possible structure
- EA metamodel – the big picture (and the small picture too)
EA metamodel: two questions
- A database-structure for motes
- “Tell me about yourself”
- “Tell me what you’re associated with”
- A note on access-control
- More metamodel stuff
New toolsets for enterprise-architecture
- Access-control and linking
- Devices and interface-metaphors
- Query, search and navigation
More notes on toolsets for EA
- Semantics of connections
- Model-types and object-ownership
- Support for story
- And more on toolsets for EA
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.