About the Book
This anthology from the Tetradian weblog explores how enterprise-architecture and other related disciplines can apply at the 'really-big-picture' scale - not just within a single organisation at the present, but all the way out to the entire planet over any period of time.
This book includes about 40 posts and 50 images from the weblog. These posts are split into six sections:
- Big-Picture: The Big-Picture - presents some of the defining themes in RBPEA ('Really-Big-Picture Enterprise-Architecture').
- Big-Picture: Principles and Fundamentals - introduces fundamental concepts and guiding-principles for use in exploring big-picture issues.
- Big-Picture: Methods - focusses on methods that we can use or adapt to work on the big-picture.
- Big-Picture: Society - reviews examples of social challenges at a broader, big-picture scope and scale.
- Big-Picture: Rights and Responsibilities - uses the big-picture view to guide a rethink about relationships between rights and responsibilities.
- Big-Picture: Possession - explores the large-scale and long-term damage caused by concepts of possession.
About the Author
Tom Graves has been an independent consultant for more than four decades, in business transformation, enterprise architecture and knowledge management. His clients in Europe, Australasia and the Americas cover a broad range of industries including small-business, banking, utilities, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, media, telecoms, research, defence and government. He has a special interest in whole-enterprise architectures for non-profit, social, government and commercial enterprises.