TOGAF 9.2 Quickstart Guide
TOGAF 9.2 Quickstart Guide
for Enterprise IT Architects
About the Book
Why would anybody need a short book on TOGAF 9.2 if TOGAF itself is a 500 pages architecture framework, written by renowned experts from 300 top IT companies who sure know their stuff and will provide you with anything you need as an enterprise architect?
The answer is: YES – TOGAF 9.2 provides you with very helpful, very sound and extensive lists of WHAT to do in Enterprise IT Architecture (EITAM). The advice from various people working in Enterprise IT Architecture is: Use TOGAF! There’s no reason not to use it.
But TOGAF does not provide you with a QuickStart and Accelerators that give an Expert a fast to read ballpark view of which items of an IT enterprise architect’s task list are covered by TOGAF and which are not. And as you will also see, there are areas of an Enterprise IT Architect’s task list which are not covered by TOGAF at the moment. This makes it a rewarding task to give people interested in TOGAF an idea of what they can expect and what they have to find elsewhere.
You might also ask, why this book now: TOGAF 9.2 has been published on April 16th, 2017. It is more or less a not so big update of TOGAF 9.1 which is around since 2011. The last real major update was TOGAF 9, which was published in 2009. There's no known release date for TOGAF 10. Once TOGAF 10 appears, this book will be again be edited so that it will compare TOGAF 10 to the then actual state of ITEAM.
There has been a whitepaper version (state of TOGAF 9.1) of this book floating around in the internet for quite some time. But as TOGAF 10 still does not have a published release date, the author had the idea to upgrade that whitepaper to a somewhat improved Leanpub book.
- 1.1 If you own the TOGAF 9.1 Version of this book
- 1.2 For all others: What is TOGAF 9.2?
- 1.3 This Book is most useful for two Groups of Readers
- 1.4 Your Feedback Welcome
2. What is Enterprise Architecture
- 2.1 The Pragmatic Business Approach to Enterprise IT Architecture
- 2.2 Work Breakdown Structure for Enterprise IT Architecture
- 2.3 The TOGAF 9.2 Approach
3. TOGAF and IT Strategy
- 3.1 What is an IT Strategy?
- 3.2 What needs to be described
- 3.3 How do you get there?
- 3.4 What support will you find in TOGAF?
- 3.5 Further Reading
4. TOGAF and IT Portfolio Management
- 4.1 What is IT Portfolio Management
- 4.2 What is Application Portfolio Management?
- 4.3 Putting it together: From Chaos to a Master Plan
- 4.4 What do you find about Application Portfolio Management in TOGAF?
- 4.5 Infrastructure Portfolio Management
- 4.6 What do you find in TOGAF about Infrastructure Portfolio Management?
- 4.7 Further Reading
5. TOGAF and Developing Architectures
- 5.1 Part II: TOGAF ADM
- 5.2 Part III: ADM Guidelines and Techniques
- 5.3 Further Reading
6. TOGAF and Architecture Governance
- 6.1 What do you find about it in TOGAF?
- 6.2 Further Reading
7. TOGAF and Basic Tasks
- 7.1 TOGAF and finding the right Meta-Model for your Needs
- 7.2 TOGAF and finding Tool Support
- 7.3 TOGAF and Immersion Paths for Enterprise IT Architectures
8. What else will you find in TOGAF?
- 8.1 Foundation Architecture / Technical Reference Model (TRM)
- 8.2 The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model (III-RM)
9. Wrap Up: TOGAF for You
- 9.1 A Collection of Useful Stuff
- 9.2 Two Strongest Points
- 9.3 TOGAF Certification
- 9.4 Future
- 10.1 References
- 10.2 Backlog
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.