TIL HTML J4F (The Book + Daisy's Web Dev Diary Video Series)
TIL HTML J4F
Build Your First Website!
About the Book
Learn how to build a game board with the table element, make sandwiches with forms, conquer dragons with semantic markup, link to exotic locations, and build up a robot's self esteem with structural markup in this beginner friendly introduction to the essential web development language: HTML.
The Book + Daisy's Web Dev Diary Video Series
Get the book and all 10 episodes of Daisy's Web Development Diary!
- HyperText Markup Language
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Why is a text editor like a writing desk? (differences between word processors and plain text editors)
- Text editors for noobs
- Text editors for leet
- What's up DOCTYPE?
- Structural HTML elements
- Emphasis lies in being bold
- The defining HTML element
- Emphasizing text with italics
- Semantic highlighting
- Short quotes
- Ordered lists
- Unordered lists
- Description lists
- Block-level elements
- Inline elements
- Inline-block elements
- Get In touch with your web root
- What wakes index so special?
- Organize pages in sub-directories
- Consolidate public assets
- Relative and absolute stylesheet linking
- Come with us now on a journey through time and space (linking to websites and web pages)
- Opening links in a new window
- Linking to in-page content
- The only src of knowledge is experience
- Width and height attributes
- A friendly reminder about display methods
- Lossy compression
- Lossless compression
- Animated images
- And now for something completely different (vector images)
- Optimizing images for the web
- Table rows, cells, and headings
- Spanning multiple columns
- Spanning multiple rows
- Turn on your radio input
- Group related fields with fieldset and legend
- List choices with the select element
- Allow multiple selections with checkboxes
- Use label elements for accessibility
- Write freely with text inputs and textareas
- Wrap it up with a submit button
- Embed and customize a video player
- Embed an audio player
- Basic avconv syntax
- Video encoding
- Audio encoding
- Where's your head at?
- Untitled (the title element)
- Meta elements
- Fashion! Turn to the left (linking style sheets)
- What now?
- Web development tools
- Extra credit
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.