The ProLUG Big Book of Labs
The ProLUG Big Book of Labs
About the Book
This book is designed to help the hobbyist Linux enjoyer move over to doing things professionally. The labs found in here are deployed to a website Killercoda and have been used by 10,000+ engineers to better their skills in the Linux engineering space.
- Philosophy of Learning Enterprise Linux
- Using this Book
- Linux Lab Guides:
- Linux Lab 1: System Checking
- Linux Lab 2: Checking Kernel and Packages
- Linux Lab 3: Checking Disk and Mount Information
- Linux Lab 4: Checking networking and ports
- Linux Lab 5: SSH and SCP
- Linux Lab 6: Screen Commands
- Linux Lab 7: Working with DNS
- Linux Lab 100: Configure NFS Shares
- Linux Lab 101: Configure Apache Server
- Linux Lab 102: Monitoring Linux Logs with Loki
- Linux Lab 103: Monitoring - Linux Telemetry
- Linux Lab 104: Monitoring - Linux Influx Grafana
- Linux Lab 105: Installing Antivirus
- Linux Lab 106: Installing Slurm
- Lab 201: Attempted User Login
- Lab 202: Attempted Sudo Access
- Lab 203: Update a Golden image
- Lab 204: Building a chroot jail
- Moving into Automation
- Ansible Labs
- Ansible Lab 1: Install Ansible
- Ansible Lab 2: Host file and inventories
- Ansible Lab 3: Ad Hoc Commands
- Ansible Lab 4: Ad Hoc Commands continued
- Ansible Lab 5: Playbook staging files on systems
- Ansible Lab 6: Playbook deploying to systems
- Ansible Lab 7: Jinja Templates
- Ansible Lab 8: Jinja Reports
- Ansible Lab 9: Api and Debugging Variables
- Ansible Lab 10: Vaulting secrets in Ansible
- Ansible Lab 11: MOTD Push
- Ansible Lab 12: System Facts and Grouping by Facts
- Ansible Lab 13: Create Users
- Ansible Lab 14: Package Management
- Ansible Lab 15: Galaxy and Roles
- Ansible Lab 16: Web Server Deploy
- Ansible Lab 17: Package Cleanup and Security
- Ansible Lab 18: NFS Deploy
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.