Learn everything from ES2015 to ES2018 and practice with more than 50 quizzes
About the Book
After each chapter, test your understanding with more than 50 quizzes.
- Chapter 1: Var vs Let vs Const & the temporal dead zon
- The content of a const is an Object
- The temporal dead zone
- When to use Var , Let and Const
- Chapter 2: Arrow functions
- What is an arrow function?
- Implicitly return
- Arrow functions are anonymous
- Arrow function and the this keyword
- When you should avoid arrow functions
- Chapter 3: Default function arguments
- Default function arguments
- Chapter 4: Template literals
- Interpolating strings
- Expression interpolations
- Create HTML fragments
- Nesting templates
- Add a ternary operator
- Pass a function inside a template literal
- Tagged template literals
- Chapter 5: Additional string methods
- Additional string methods
- Chapter 6: Destructuring
- Destructuring Objects
- Destructuring Arrays
- Swapping variables with destructuring
- Destructuring functions
- Chapter 7: Iterables and looping
- The for of loop
- Iterating over an array
- Iterating over an object
- The for in loop
- Difference between for of and for in
- Chapter 8: Array improvements
- Array.some() & Array.every()
- Chapter 9: Spread operator and rest parameters
- The Spread operator
- Combine arrays
- Copy arrays
- Spread into a function
- Spread in Object Literals (ES 2018 / ES9)
- The Rest parameter
- Chapter 10: Object literal upgrades
- Deconstructing variables into keys and values
- Add functions to our Objects
- Dynamically define properties of an Object
- Chapter 11: Symbols
- Chapter 12: Classes
- Create a Class
- Static methods
- set and get
- Extending our Class
- Extending Arrays
- Chapter 13: Promises
- What is a Promise?
- Callback hell
- Create your own promise
- Chaining promises
- Promise.resolve() & Promise.reject()
- Promise.all() & Promise.race()
- Chapter 14: Generators
- What is a Generator?
- Looping over an array with a generator
- Finish the generator with .return()
- Catching errors with .throw()
- Combining Generators with Promises
- Chapter 15: Proxies
- What is a Proxy?
- How to use a Proxy ?
- Chapter 16: Sets, WeakSets, Maps and WeakMaps
- What is a Set ?
- Loop over a Set
- Remove duplicates from an array
- What is a WeakSet ?
- What is a Map ?
- What is a WeakMap ?
- Combine includes() with fromIndex
- The exponential operator
- Chapter 18: ES2017 string padding, Object.entries() , Object.values() and more
- String padding( padStart and padEnd )
- Right align with padStart
- Add a custom value to the padding
- Object.entries() and Object.values()
- Trailing commas in function parameter lists and calls
- Shared memory and Atomics
- Chapter 19: ES2017 Async and Await
- Promise review
- Async and Await
- Error handling
- Chapter 20: ES2018 what is coming?
- Rest / Spread for Objects
- Asynchronous Iteration
- RegExp features
- s (dotAll) flag for regular expression
- RegExp named capture groups
- RegExp Lookbehind Assertions
- RegExp Unicode Property Escapes
- Lifting template literals restriction
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.