The User Algorithm
This book is 5% complete
Last updated on 2017-04-10
About the Book
What Part of Marketing Worries You the Most?
- Finally shipping your project
- Defining your targeted audience
- Reaching out to your ideal customers
- Tooting your own horn in front of all those people
- Creating a million emails and other marketing materials
- Begging strangers for testimonials
- Using money to buy ads that you don't understand
- Or simply getting over the feeling of inadequacy
Whatever you picked from that list above, I have bad news for you! Those are all things you MUST do to turn your pet project into a successful application with users and actual cashflow … and, at the same time, it’s what stops far too many developers out there from living their dreams. The good news is that marketing CAN be learned by ANYONE and this book will show you exactly how to do just that.
Sounds like an infomercial yet? Just wait, it gets even better! Not only will this book teach you how to market your project but it will also ease you into every aspect of the marketing game.
You will discover:
- How to quickly define your target audience with laser-sharp focus. (See that buzzword?)
- How to remove all-too-common fears and mental roadblocks. (Like procrastinating!)
- How to finally get over your imposter-syndrome (Oh, if you knew ...)
- How to reach out to people and what to say to them. (Yes, we are going to be social and stuff!)
- How to get people to visit your website and try out your app. (No, friends and family don't count!)
- How to actually charge for your product without feeling guilty. (Yes, even if it sucks!)
- How to ask users for feedback that you can actually implement (Spoiler: everybody lies!)
- And finally, how to outsource the stuff you don't want to do (It turns out being lazy is a lifestyle!)
This is getting pretty good, don't you think? Let's see if I can top that with some amazing promises that makes you wave your wallets!
I promise you that this book will be the most enjoyable learning experience about marketing that you have ever encountered. It is written by a developer for developers, with lots of humor that takes care of those pesky fears that we all carry with us each and every day.
I also promise that if you don't like the book you have the right to officially shame me on Reddit, Stackoverflow, Twitter, 9GAG and everywhere else you can think of. On top of that Leanpub has a 45 day money back guarantee anyways. So what is there to lose really? You're not procrastinating again are you?
Allright! So you made it all the way down here, which means you either enjoying this text way too much, in which case you should buy the book RIGHT NOW or because you are still unsure in which case you should buy the book RIGHT NOW. For everybody else, just buy the book RIGHT NOW!
Oh, before I forget! This book is cheaper during the writing phase and will increase in price gradually as it nears completion so make sure you pick it up sooner rather than later. Remember the scarcity thing that all those marketers tell you to use? Well, this is it!
- Thank You!
- About This Book
- How To Read This Book
Theory Lesson I: Social Proof
- How It Works
- When it doesn’t work
- How To Use It
- What to do now
- Theory Lesson II: Priming
- Theory Lesson III: Anchoring
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.