The Road to GraphQL (The Bare Essentials)
The Road to GraphQL
About the Book
- About the Author
- How to read this book
- What is GraphQL?
- GraphQL Advantages
- GraphQL Disadvantages
- Why not REST?
- GraphQL Alternatives
- Apollo Advantages
- Apollo Disadvantages
GraphQL Setup, Tools and APIs
- Feeding the API with Data on GitHub
- Read/Write Data with GitHub’s Personal Access Token
- Interacting with GitHub’s GraphQL API
- GraphQL Operation: Query
- GraphQL Operation: Mutation
- GraphQL Pagination
React with GraphQL
- Writing your first React GraphQL Client
- GraphQL Query in React
- GraphQL Pagination in React
- GraphQL Mutation in React
- Shortcomings of GraphQL in React without Apollo
- Starting with Apollo Boost on the Command Line
- Apollo Client and a GraphQL Query
- Apollo Client with Pagination, Variables, Nested Objects and List Fields
- Apollo Client and a GraphQL Mutation
React with GraphQL and Apollo Client
- Writing your first React application with GraphQL and Apollo Client
- Configure Apollo Client for React and GitHub’s GraphQL API
- Connect Data-Layer to View-Layer: Introducing React Apollo
- GraphQL Query with Apollo Client in React
- Apollo Client Error Handling in React
- GraphQL Mutation with Apollo Client in React
- GraphQL Query/Mutation with Higher-Order Components in React
- Local State Management with Apollo Client in React
- Apollo Client Optimistic UI in React
- GraphQL Pagination with Apollo Client in React
- GraphQL Caching of Queries with Apollo Client in React
- Implementing the Issues Feature: Setup
- Implementing the Issues Feature: Client-Side Filter
- Implementing the Issues Feature: Server-Side Filter
- Apollo Client Prefetching in React
- Exercise: Commenting Feature
- Appendix: CSS Files and Styles
Node.js with GraphQL and Apollo Server
- Apollo Server Setup with Express
- Apollo Server: Type Definitions
- Apollo Server: Resolvers
- Apollo Server: Type Relationships
- Apollo Server: Queries and Mutations
- GraphQL Schema Stitching with Apollo Server
- PostgreSQL with Sequelize for a GraphQL Server
- Connecting Resolvers and Database
- Apollo Server: Validation and Errors
- Apollo Server: Authentication
- Authorization with GraphQL and Apollo Server
- GraphQL Custom Scalars in Apollo Server
- Pagination in GraphQL with Apollo Server
- GraphQL Subscriptions
- Testing a GraphQL Server
- Batching and Caching in GraphQL with Data Loader
- GraphQL Server + PostgreSQL Deployment to Heroku
- Further Learning Paths
- Never stop Learning
- Thank You
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.