Tap Into Mobile Application Testing
Tap Into Mobile Application Testing
About the Book
Do you need to test applications on mobile devices but you aren't sure where to start? Or, are you a software testing veteran looking to find more ideas for your next mobile testing project? This book is for you.
In this book, you will learn:
- How mobile devices work: features, affordances and how to effectively use them when testing.
- How to use thinking tools to provide structure to your testing and test idea generation.
- How to test and recognize common failures on devices.
- How to log bugs well on mobile projects.
- How to create a test strategy that makes the best use of your time and resources.
- How important it is to incorporate physical movement into your testing.
Take the guesswork out of mobile testing projects with real-world tips and experience on how you can start your next mobile testing project with confidence.
Note: This book does not include test automation for mobile apps.
Tap into Mobile Application Testing gives you a lot of insight into testing mobile applications. It covers all the relevant topics with ample details and answers all WHYs and HOWs of mobile application testing. Informative, concise and enjoyable.... is how I would describe this book!" - Ruma Dak, Software Test Lead
Jonathan Kohl has the ability to talk about testing in a way that avoids fancy buzzwords. He has experience enough to know what is important and how to get that through. This book will be helpful to both experts, who need inspiration and new ideas, and to new testers who want to get started with the craft. There are enough hands-on examples and tips to get you far in how you work with testing. Tap Into Mobile Application Testing builds on existing ideas on testing and extends it into the mobile domain in a great way. I can recommend this book to any role that wish to learn more about how to go about testing in the mobile domain. - Martin Jansson, Software Testing Consultant
I love this book. Not only does it give you wonderful information in order to inform your test ideas in the mobile space, it also provides a good amount of background in relation to mobile technology and how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. My detailed review of the book can be found here. I really liked Jonathan's use of language, and his story telling. It made the read much easier and provided author experience which I believe to be a vital element. If you're interested in testing mobile applications (or testing in general) then I suggest you read this book. - David Greenlees, Software Testing Consultant
- Introduction to the Book
- Chapter 1: Get Started Now
- Chapter 2: Explore Mobile Technology
- Chapter 3: Understanding Wireless Technology
- Chapter 4: Mobile Testing Tours
- Chapter 5: Test Using Different Perspectives
- Chapter 6: Logging and Diagnosing Bugs
- Chapter 7: Mobile Test Strategy
- Chapter 8: Guidance and Planning
- Chapter 9: Test the Mobile Web
- Chapter 10: Don’t Forget about Performance and Security!
- Chapter 11: Final Thoughts
- Appendix 1: Tools and Considerations
- Appendix 2: Mobile Content Snack Tests
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.