This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-09-23
About the Book
In Teach Me: How to Write How-To Technical Articles that Make Money, Adam Bertram, successful freelance writer, entrepreneur and, most importantly, an engineer will spill it all. He will go over how to to create engaging, technical, non-boring articles that are a pleasure to read and how to generate income from them.
- Finding paid-article opportunities
- Writing great content
- Why your writing is so valuable
- Setting up an article-writing machine system
- ...and more!
Learn how to start writing better how-to articles and start generating some cash!
- About This Book
- About the Author
Your Knowledge is Valuable
- You’re a Unicorn
- Go Where the Money Is
- Part I: Writing Engaging Technical Content
Don’t Get Technical
- Cold vs. Friendly Tech: An Example
- Never Make the Reader Think They’re Dumb
Personalize your Writing
- Personal Pronouns
- Assume You’re on the Same Page
Add Variety to your Content
- Write Now, Add Variety Later
Formatting is Important
- Breaking Things Up
- When to Use Italics
- Formatting Code
- Prerequisites Section
Don’t Be Wishy-Washy
- Some people will call you out
- It’s just text. It can be easily fixed
Breaking Down a Great Article
- The Title
- Don’t Make it Date Dependent
Aim for Your Reader
- It’s All About Them
- Stay within Scope
- Teach. Don’t Sell
- Part II: Writing for Other People
- Building a Portfolio
- Finding Work
- Writing for places you read
- Search for interesting keywords
- Look for sites with articles written by multiple authors
- Ask other freelance writers
- Media Publications
- Writing Agencies
- Tech Vendors
- Typical Rates
- Always provide a contact method
- Build and Share your Bio
- Link to your blog everywhere
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Release Notes
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.