Take Control of Scrivener 3
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2018-01-12
About the Book
Scrivener is a powerful tool for managing long-form writing projects—like novels and screenplays—and Take Control of Scrivener 3 gives you all the details you need to know to harness its potential. In this book, best-selling author Kirk McElhearn walks you through setting up, organizing, writing, formatting, revising, and compiling a Scrivener project, whether you’re working on a Mac or in iOS.
Using this extensive guide, you’ll be able to:
- Meet Scrivener: Learn about the Scrivener philosophy and its basic layout
- Start your project: Pick a template and add existing materials to your project
- Brainstorm and organize: Discover three different ways to work with your material using the Binder, Corkboard, and Outliner.
- Set up your writing environment and avoid distractions: Choose default fonts and colors, opt for Script Mode if you’re writing a script or screenplay, and simplify your workspace by hiding interface elements or by using Composition Mode or Apple’s Full Screen Mode.
- Make the most of key features: Learn how to work with styles; use annotations and comments; add footnotes and endnotes; view more than one file at once; use collections to view selected items from the Binder; store bookmarks and project notes; and share and synchronize your project with others.
- Go further with Scrivener: Get the details on special features like Scrivenings View (write in sections, but view as a single document) and Snapshots (allows you to make and view periodic backups of your text).
- Revise and edit your work: Learn how to find and replace text, and work with revisions.
- Use Scrivener in iOS: Sync your projects to iOS and work on an iPhone or iPad.
- Print and export: Understand the process of preparing your project to be printed, and what’s involved in compiling it so that it can be exported in a different format.
Kirk also highlights the many changes to Scrivener since the last version, including updates to the interface, styles, outlining and metadata capabilities, and improved searching and writing features. In addition, he explains brand-new features in Scrivener 3, including Bookmarks (lets you store references to other sections of your project), Linguistic Focus (highlights specific elements such as dialog, adverbs, or adjectives), Section types (such as Chapter Text and Scene), and Copyholders (allows you to view three or four documents at once).
This book is published on Leanpub by Take Control Books
With its Take Control series of ebooks, alt concepts inc. covers a wide range of technology topics, with a special emphasis on Apple products and services. Our catalog comprises over 100 titles, and we’ve sold hundreds of thousands of ebooks in the process of providing expert advice and technical know-how to tens of thousands of readers around the world. Join us today!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...