Take Control of Calendar and Reminders
Last updated on 2017-05-15
About the Book
In the days before personal computers and mobile devices, we had to rely on paper calendars and to-do lists to help us organize our time and activities. Now, we have powerful tools, like Apple’s Calendar and Reminders, that are much more responsive to our needs. Put an event on your schedule, invite others to join, set yourself an alarm and even include the travel time it will take to get to your destination. Or, keep a list of to-do items, add to it and view it on all your Apple devices, and share your list with family or friends.
In this book, veteran Mac journalist and editor Scholle McFarland will guide you through getting to know these incredibly helpful apps, including lesser-known (but handy) features. For example, did you know that in Calendar you can set an alert for when you need to leave for an event, based on the travel time calculated using the location you entered for the event? Or that Reminders can prompt you to do something not only at a certain time, but also once you’ve reached a specific destination, like the grocery store?
If you’ve never taken the time to explore Calendar and Reminders, this book will show you how to make them an important part of your daily routine. If you’ve already been using Calendar and Reminders, you’ll learn how to use them more effectively, troubleshoot common problems, and delve deeper into their capabilities.
Let Scholle walk you through how to get the best out of Calendar and Reminders, including how to:
- Customize Calendar to your liking, from setting time zones, to color coding specific calendars
- Create events, making them repeat at regular intervals or on certain dates
- Set up notifications and alerts, so you never miss an event
- Invite people to events, or share your calendar with them
- Create, manage, and share lists in Reminders
- Set alarms in Reminders at a certain time or a certain place
- Use Siri to save time when creating events or reminders
- Easily check events and reminders on your Mac, iPhone, or Apple Watch
- Troubleshoot common problems in Calendar and Reminders
- Share calendars and reminders using iCloud Family Sharing
This book is published on Leanpub by Take Control Books
With its Take Control series of ebooks, alt concepts inc. covers a wide range of technology topics, with a special emphasis on Apple products and services. Our catalog comprises over 100 titles, and we’ve sold hundreds of thousands of ebooks in the process of providing expert advice and technical know-how to tens of thousands of readers around the world. Join us today!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...