Talking with Tech Leads
Talking with Tech Leads
From Novices to Practitioners
About the Book
A book for Tech Leads, from Tech Leads.
This book is for you if you're leading software teams, or just about to start leading software teams. Inside you will read stories from people who have been in this position, and the lessons they have learned along the way.
The book is split into two main sections:
- Novices – Developers, like yourself, who just transitioned into the role of a Technical Leader
- Practitioners – Seasoned Technical Leaders who have lead a team for a long time, or have lead many different software teams
Each group gives you a different insight into what it means to be a Tech Lead.
Hard copies now available
5 Copy Package
This package is for up to 5 copies of Talking with Tech Leads - perfect for the small to medium sized IT organisations.
15 Copy Package
This package is for up to 15 copies of Talking with Tech Leads - perfect for the larger IT organisations.
- Why I wrote this book
- What you’ll find in this book
- In the Beginning
- From Tech Leads to Tech Leads
- From Novices to Practitioners
- A Different Perspective – Cameron Swords
- Change of Focus – Anne Simmons
- Needs for a Wider Skill Set – Ebony Pierce
- Juggling Act – Siebert Lubbe
- The External Face – Liz Douglass
- Chaos and Cluelessness – Roy Osherove
- More Than Just Tech – Priyank Gupta
- The Bigger Picture – Suchit Puri
- Less Coding, More Responsibility – David ‘Bucky’ Schwarz
- Lean on Communication Skills – Stefan Marev
- Team Focus – Alison Rosewarne
- Team over Self – Humphrey Elton
- Delegate, Delegate, Delegate – Jason Selby
- Facilitating, then Leading – Dan Abel
- Helping the Team – Adam Esterline
- Inwards and Outwards – Rachel Laycock
- Soft Skills – Jon Pither
- Enabling People – Isabella Degen
- It’s Not About the Code – Patric Fornasier
- People Focus – Sarah Taraporewalla
- Engaging the Team – Glen Ford
The Tech of a Tech Lead
- Teams and Architecture – Simon Brown
- Enablement and Solution Design – Marten Gustafson
- Manage Tech Debt – Mark Crossfield
- An Architect Too? – Tomi Vanek
- Champion Quality – Peter Moran
- Don’t Forget Cross-Functional Requirements – Christy Allmon
- Prioritising Tech Tasks – Chris Close
Bridging the Business with Tech
- The Big Picture – Luca Grulla
- Align Technology with Business – Robert Annett
- Mapping the Future – Jason Dennis
- Finding Balance with the Business – Cory Foy
- A Bridge to the Business – Ryan Kinderman
- Managing Yourself – Stephen Hardisty
- Scouting – Geoffrey Giesemann
- Lead from Behind – Joel Tosi
- Understand Yourself – Daniel Worthington-Bodart
- Finding Balance – Laura Paterson
- Lessons Learned by First-Time Tech Leads
- Lessons Learned by Practising Tech Leads
- Final Words
- Useful Books
- Useful Websites
- Other References
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.