SYSMOD - The Systems Modeling Toolbox, 3rd edition
SYSMOD - The Systems Modeling Toolbox, 3rd edition
Pragmatic MBSE with SysML
About the Book
SYSMOD is an MBSE toolbox for pragmatic modeling of systems. It is well-suited for use with SysML. This book offers a set of methods with roles, inputs, and outputs, concrete modeling guidances, and examples showing how the methods can be applied with SysML.
- Requirements modeling, System Context, Use Cases
- Functional, Logical and Product Architectures
- Modeling guidances on how to create a SysML model
- Full-fledged SysML example
- Best Practices
- Complete definition of a profile for SYSMOD
- Adoption of MBSE in an Organization
- SysML v1.6 in a Nutshell
The Book + SYSMOD profile for Cameo Systems Modeler/MagicDraw
The Book including the SYSMOD profile for Cameo Systems Modeler (aka MagicDraw). Install the zip file with the Resource Manager. The optional plus 5 $ is a contribution to the development of the plugin.
SYMSOD profile including the Forest Fire Detection System sample project for the SysML modeling tool Cameo Systems Modeler (aka MagicDraw). Install the profile with the Resource Manager.
- About MBSE4U
- About Tim Weilkiens
History and Outlook
- SYSMOD Versions
- SYSMOD Outlook
- 1. SYSMOD - The Systems Modeling Toolbox
- 2. Engineering for the Planet
- 3. SYSMOD Processes
4. SYSMOD Methods
- 4.1 Tailor the MBSE Methodology
- 4.2 Set up and maintain the SME
- 4.3 Deploy the MBSE Methodology
- 4.4 Provide MBSE Training and Coaching
- 4.5 Analyze the Problem
- 4.6 Describe the System Idea and System Objectives
- 4.7 Describe the Base Architecture
- 4.8 Identify Stakeholders
- 4.9 Model Risks
- 4.10 Model Requirements
- 4.11 Identify the System Context
- 4.12 Identify System Use Cases
- 4.13 Identify System Processes
- 4.14 Model Use Case Activities
- 4.15 Model the Domain Knowledge
- 4.16 Specify Test Cases
- 4.17 Model the Functional Architecture
- 4.18 Model the Logical Architecture
- 4.19 Model the Product Architecture
- 4.20 Revise an Architecture with Scenarios
- 4.21 Define System States
- 4.22 Model the Test Architecture
5. SYSMOD Products
- 5.1 MBSE Methodology
- 5.2 System Modeling Environment (SME)
- 5.3 MBSE Training
- 5.4 Problem Statement
- 5.5 System Idea
- 5.6 System Objectives
- 5.7 Base Architecture
- 5.8 Stakeholders
- 5.9 Risks
- 5.10 Requirements
- 5.11 System Context
- 5.12 System Use Cases
- 5.13 System Processes
- 5.14 Use Case Activities
- 5.15 Domain Knowledge
- 5.16 Test Cases
- 5.17 System Architecture
- 5.18 Functional Architecture
- 5.19 Physical Architecture
- 5.20 Logical Architecture
- 5.21 Product Architecture
- 5.22 Scenarios
- 5.23 System States
- 5.24 Test Architecture
6. SYSMOD Roles
- 6.1 SME Administrator
- 6.2 MBSE Methodologist
- 6.3 Project Manager
- 6.4 Requirements Engineer
- 6.5 System Architect
- 6.6 Systems Engineer
- 6.7 System Tester
7. SYSMOD Modeling Guidances
- 7.1 How to Set up an initial Package Structure
- 7.2 How to Analyze the Problem
- 7.3 How to Model the System Idea
- 7.4 How to Model the System Objectives
- 7.5 How to Model the Base Architecture
- 7.6 How to Model Stakeholders
- 7.7 How to Model Risks
- 7.8 How to Model Requirements
- 7.9 How to Model the System Context
- 7.10 How to Model System Use Cases
- 7.11 How to Model System Processes
- 7.12 How to Model Use Case Activities
- 7.13 How to Model the Domain Knowledge
- 7.14 How to Specify Test Cases
- 7.15 How to Model the Logical Architecture
- 7.16 How to Model the Product Architecture
- 7.17 How to Revise an Architecture with Scenarios
- 7.18 How to Model the System States
- 7.19 How to Model the Test Architecture
8. SYSMOD Examples
- 8.1 Example Model Package Structure
- 8.2 Example Problem Statement
- 8.3 Example System Idea
- 8.4 Example System Objectives
- 8.5 Example Stakeholders
- 8.6 Example Base Architecture
- 8.7 Example Risks
- 8.8 Example Requirements
- 8.9 Example System Context
- 8.10 Example System Use Cases
- 8.11 Example System Processes
- 8.12 Example Use Case Activities
- 8.13 Example Domain Knowledge
- 8.14 Example Test Cases
- 8.15 Example Logical Architecture
- 8.16 Example Product Architecture
- 8.17 Example Scenarios
- 8.18 Example System States
- 8.19 Example Test Architecture
9. SYSMOD Profile and Model Libraries
- 9.1 Activities
- 9.2 Actors
- 9.3 Blocks
- 9.4 Discipline-specific Elements
- 9.5 Relationships
- 9.6 Requirements and Risks
- 9.7 Test Cases
- 9.8 Use Cases
- 9.9 Variants (VAMOS stereotypes)
- 9.10 SYSMOD Enumerations
- 9.11 SYSMOD PartsCatalogue Library
- 9.12 SYSMOD Simulation Library
- 9.13 SYSMOD Engineering4Planet Library
10. MBSE Adoption Process
- 10.1 Resistance and Anti-Patterns
- 10.2 Selection of the MBSE Methodology
- 10.3 Selection of the Modeling Languages
- 10.4 Selection of the Modeling Tools
11. More MBSE Tools
- 11.1 The Death of the Actor
- 11.2 Functional Architectures for Systems (FAS)
- 11.3 Model Purpose Model
- 11.4 Proxy versus Full Port
- 11.5 Variant Modeling
- 11.6 Zigzag Pattern
- 11.7 Coupling of System Architectures
- 11.8 Workshop Tool: Product Box
- 11.9 Workshop Tool: Product Vision Board
- 11.10 Workshop Tool: SAMS Method
- 11.11 Workshop Tool: 6M Method
- 11.12 Workshop Tool: Five Whys Method
12. SysML in a Nutshell
- 12.1 History of SysML
- 12.2 Structure and architecture of the SysML
- 12.3 Minimal SysML
- 12.4 Package Diagram
- 12.5 Use Case Diagram
- 12.6 Activity diagram
- 12.7 Block Definition Diagram
- 12.8 Internal block diagram
- 12.9 Sequence diagram
- 12.10 State machine diagram
- 12.11 Parametric diagram
- 12.12 Profiles and Stereotypes
- 12.13 Requirements diagram
- 12.14 Allocation
- 12.15 Cross-cutting elements
Appendix A: Mapping ISO 15288 to SYSMOD
- A.1 ISO 15288: Technical Processes
- A.2 ISO 15288: Technical Management Processes
- A.3 ISO 15288: Agreement Processes
- A.4 ISO15288: Organizational Project-Enabling
This book is published on Leanpub by MBSE4U
Publishing on the Pulse of the Markets
MBSE4U is a publishing house for books about MBSE. They are intended to be regularly updated to align the content with the highly dynamic systems engineering domain.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
I am a Software Engineer and I am in ChargeAlexis Monville and Michael Doyle
I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge is a real-world, practical book that helps you increase your impact and satisfaction at work no matter who you work with.
In the book, we will follow Sandrine, a fictional character who learns to think in a new way enabling her to take a different course of action.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Invest In Digital Health - The Medical Futurist's GuideDr. Bertalan Mesko
Artificial Intelligence and Digital Health are booming. In this book, we explain why now it's a good time to invest in Digital Health and give recommendations on where to invest by looking at the top 24 technological trends we find the most promising.
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Mastering STM32Carmine Noviello
With more than 600 microcontrollers, STM32 is probably the most complete ARM Cortex-M platform on the market. This book aims to be the first guide around that introduces the reader to this exciting MCU portfolio from ST Microelectronics and its official CubeHAL.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
The Future of Digital Health
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy and how technology giants such as Amazon or Google want to conquer...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
"The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++"
2 BooksGet my books "The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++" in a bundle. The first book gives you the details you should know about the C++ standard library; the second one dives deeper into concurrency with modern C++. In sum, you get more than 600 pages full of modern C++ and about 250 source files presenting the standard library...
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...
Programming with Ease
3 BooksAlle drei Bände der Serie Programming with Ease in einem Paket. Darin findest du alles, was ich dir zu den wichtigsten Phasen der Softwareentwicklung im Hinblick auf Clean Code Development für langfristig hohe Produktivität sagen kann.Im Band Slicing findest du die Anforderungsanalyse im Rahmen eines iterativ-inkrementellen Vorgehensmodells aus...
2 BooksUnveil the power of Ansible and Vagrant with this bundle at a special price. You'll have everything you need to get started with Vagrant - learn the basics and how to create your virtual development environments, using Ansible as provisioner! About Vagrant Cookbook Vagrant Cookbook is a complete guide to get started with Vagrant and create your...